Jan 9, 2011, 6:24 PM EDT
The trials and tribulations of Mike Commodore’s days in Columbus are likely at an end now. The unhappy defenseman, who has asked to be traded and since been waived by Columbus, is now on his way to the AHL after clearing waivers. The Jackets recalled everyone’s favorite named player Grant Clitsome to take Commodore’s spot on the roster.
Commodore is looking to get out of Columbus after losing his spot in the starting lineup, as well as his spot on the NHL roster now. What’ll be a problem for Jackets GM Scott Howson is Commodore’s pricey contract. He’s got two more years left on his contract and a cap hit of $3.75 million over that time. Giving him away through waivers or trade will be tough but taking a shot at bringing him through on re-entry waivers for half the cost might be the most efficient way to get him off their hands.
Until then, Commodore will toil with the Springfield Falcons of the AHL. That’s not exactly the kind of break away from Columbus he was expecting.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)