Jan 9, 2011, 6:24 PM EST
The trials and tribulations of Mike Commodore’s days in Columbus are likely at an end now. The unhappy defenseman, who has asked to be traded and since been waived by Columbus, is now on his way to the AHL after clearing waivers. The Jackets recalled everyone’s favorite named player Grant Clitsome to take Commodore’s spot on the roster.
Commodore is looking to get out of Columbus after losing his spot in the starting lineup, as well as his spot on the NHL roster now. What’ll be a problem for Jackets GM Scott Howson is Commodore’s pricey contract. He’s got two more years left on his contract and a cap hit of $3.75 million over that time. Giving him away through waivers or trade will be tough but taking a shot at bringing him through on re-entry waivers for half the cost might be the most efficient way to get him off their hands.
Until then, Commodore will toil with the Springfield Falcons of the AHL. That’s not exactly the kind of break away from Columbus he was expecting.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 23
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 11
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 76
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (77)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)