Jan 8, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Much like last night’s best goal, the save of the night was a tough call. Detroit Red Wings goalie Jimmy Howard made an outstanding overtime stop on Calgary Flames forward Jarome Iginla in what was just a touch behind the top save. Columbus Blue Jackets goalie Steve Mason had a rough Friday night, but he did make an impressive kick save on Anaheim Ducks power forward Bobby Ryan.
Ottawa Senators goalie Brian Elliott was the victim of Patrick Kane‘s goal of the night, but he made some great saves to keep his team in the game. The best example – and most entertaining clip of the night – came when Elliott somehow managed to make a glove save to ruin a well-executed odd man rush by the Senators. Check out that outstanding clip in the video below.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 4
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 12
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 31
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 53
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 105
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 21
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (105)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)