Jan 8, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Much like last night’s best goal, the save of the night was a tough call. Detroit Red Wings goalie Jimmy Howard made an outstanding overtime stop on Calgary Flames forward Jarome Iginla in what was just a touch behind the top save. Columbus Blue Jackets goalie Steve Mason had a rough Friday night, but he did make an impressive kick save on Anaheim Ducks power forward Bobby Ryan.
Ottawa Senators goalie Brian Elliott was the victim of Patrick Kane‘s goal of the night, but he made some great saves to keep his team in the game. The best example – and most entertaining clip of the night – came when Elliott somehow managed to make a glove save to ruin a well-executed odd man rush by the Senators. Check out that outstanding clip in the video below.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 9
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 15
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 31
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 44
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 28
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 45
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)