Jan 8, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Much like last night’s best goal, the save of the night was a tough call. Detroit Red Wings goalie Jimmy Howard made an outstanding overtime stop on Calgary Flames forward Jarome Iginla in what was just a touch behind the top save. Columbus Blue Jackets goalie Steve Mason had a rough Friday night, but he did make an impressive kick save on Anaheim Ducks power forward Bobby Ryan.
Ottawa Senators goalie Brian Elliott was the victim of Patrick Kane‘s goal of the night, but he made some great saves to keep his team in the game. The best example – and most entertaining clip of the night – came when Elliott somehow managed to make a glove save to ruin a well-executed odd man rush by the Senators. Check out that outstanding clip in the video below.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (36)