Jan 8, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Much like last night’s best goal, the save of the night was a tough call. Detroit Red Wings goalie Jimmy Howard made an outstanding overtime stop on Calgary Flames forward Jarome Iginla in what was just a touch behind the top save. Columbus Blue Jackets goalie Steve Mason had a rough Friday night, but he did make an impressive kick save on Anaheim Ducks power forward Bobby Ryan.
Ottawa Senators goalie Brian Elliott was the victim of Patrick Kane‘s goal of the night, but he made some great saves to keep his team in the game. The best example – and most entertaining clip of the night – came when Elliott somehow managed to make a glove save to ruin a well-executed odd man rush by the Senators. Check out that outstanding clip in the video below.
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 23
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 5
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 12
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)