Jan 8, 2011, 1:04 PM EDT
One of last night’s controversial moments already earned Ben Eager a four game suspension, so one cannot help but wonder if Tom Kostopoulos is next on the NHL’s disciplinary hit list.
It’s unclear what kind of consequences Kostopoulos will face, but if the league weighs the victim’s suffering into its decisions, he probably won’t be allowed on the ice again for a bit. That’s because Detroit Red Wings defenseman Brad Stuart will reportedly miss six to eight weeks with a broken jaw related to that hit. On the bright side, Craig Custance reports that Stuart won’t need surgery on that broken jaw.
It’s a tough loss for the Red Wings, a team that dealt with some blueline bruises to Brian Rafalski and Niklas Kronwall (among others?) already this season.
Click here for more on the hit. We’ll let you know if the NHL decides to discipline Kostopoulos whenever that news surfaces (or fails to surface).
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 5
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 30
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 23
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)