Jan 8, 2011, 1:04 PM EDT
One of last night’s controversial moments already earned Ben Eager a four game suspension, so one cannot help but wonder if Tom Kostopoulos is next on the NHL’s disciplinary hit list.
It’s unclear what kind of consequences Kostopoulos will face, but if the league weighs the victim’s suffering into its decisions, he probably won’t be allowed on the ice again for a bit. That’s because Detroit Red Wings defenseman Brad Stuart will reportedly miss six to eight weeks with a broken jaw related to that hit. On the bright side, Craig Custance reports that Stuart won’t need surgery on that broken jaw.
It’s a tough loss for the Red Wings, a team that dealt with some blueline bruises to Brian Rafalski and Niklas Kronwall (among others?) already this season.
Click here for more on the hit. We’ll let you know if the NHL decides to discipline Kostopoulos whenever that news surfaces (or fails to surface).
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 17
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)