Jan 8, 2011, 1:04 PM EDT
One of last night’s controversial moments already earned Ben Eager a four game suspension, so one cannot help but wonder if Tom Kostopoulos is next on the NHL’s disciplinary hit list.
It’s unclear what kind of consequences Kostopoulos will face, but if the league weighs the victim’s suffering into its decisions, he probably won’t be allowed on the ice again for a bit. That’s because Detroit Red Wings defenseman Brad Stuart will reportedly miss six to eight weeks with a broken jaw related to that hit. On the bright side, Craig Custance reports that Stuart won’t need surgery on that broken jaw.
It’s a tough loss for the Red Wings, a team that dealt with some blueline bruises to Brian Rafalski and Niklas Kronwall (among others?) already this season.
Click here for more on the hit. We’ll let you know if the NHL decides to discipline Kostopoulos whenever that news surfaces (or fails to surface).
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 6
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 56
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)