Jan 8, 2011, 1:04 PM EDT
One of last night’s controversial moments already earned Ben Eager a four game suspension, so one cannot help but wonder if Tom Kostopoulos is next on the NHL’s disciplinary hit list.
It’s unclear what kind of consequences Kostopoulos will face, but if the league weighs the victim’s suffering into its decisions, he probably won’t be allowed on the ice again for a bit. That’s because Detroit Red Wings defenseman Brad Stuart will reportedly miss six to eight weeks with a broken jaw related to that hit. On the bright side, Craig Custance reports that Stuart won’t need surgery on that broken jaw.
It’s a tough loss for the Red Wings, a team that dealt with some blueline bruises to Brian Rafalski and Niklas Kronwall (among others?) already this season.
Click here for more on the hit. We’ll let you know if the NHL decides to discipline Kostopoulos whenever that news surfaces (or fails to surface).
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 33
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 5
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 31
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 98
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)