Jan 8, 2011, 10:20 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
It was a tough choice to determine last night’s best goal. Tuomo Ruutu made an impressive play, taking a huge hit to set up a great Jeff Skinner goal. The Sedin twins took advantage of the telepathic link that comes from sharing a womb in an outstanding bit of subtle passing.
Ultimately, we had to go with star power on this one, though. Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews helped carry the Chicago Blackhawks to a shootout win last night, but they wouldn’t have gotten there without the great regulation work of Kane. He created a turnover with his heads-up play and then beat a helpless Brian Elliott to score the goal of the night.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20