Jan 8, 2011, 10:20 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
It was a tough choice to determine last night’s best goal. Tuomo Ruutu made an impressive play, taking a huge hit to set up a great Jeff Skinner goal. The Sedin twins took advantage of the telepathic link that comes from sharing a womb in an outstanding bit of subtle passing.
Ultimately, we had to go with star power on this one, though. Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews helped carry the Chicago Blackhawks to a shootout win last night, but they wouldn’t have gotten there without the great regulation work of Kane. He created a turnover with his heads-up play and then beat a helpless Brian Elliott to score the goal of the night.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12