Jan 8, 2011, 10:20 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
It was a tough choice to determine last night’s best goal. Tuomo Ruutu made an impressive play, taking a huge hit to set up a great Jeff Skinner goal. The Sedin twins took advantage of the telepathic link that comes from sharing a womb in an outstanding bit of subtle passing.
Ultimately, we had to go with star power on this one, though. Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews helped carry the Chicago Blackhawks to a shootout win last night, but they wouldn’t have gotten there without the great regulation work of Kane. He created a turnover with his heads-up play and then beat a helpless Brian Elliott to score the goal of the night.
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 1
- Devils fire DeBoer 19
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 3
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 17
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)