Jan 8, 2011, 10:20 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
It was a tough choice to determine last night’s best goal. Tuomo Ruutu made an impressive play, taking a huge hit to set up a great Jeff Skinner goal. The Sedin twins took advantage of the telepathic link that comes from sharing a womb in an outstanding bit of subtle passing.
Ultimately, we had to go with star power on this one, though. Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews helped carry the Chicago Blackhawks to a shootout win last night, but they wouldn’t have gotten there without the great regulation work of Kane. He created a turnover with his heads-up play and then beat a helpless Brian Elliott to score the goal of the night.
- WATCH LIVE: Tampa Bay Lightning at Montreal Canadiens (Game 3) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 6
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 43
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 72
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 26
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40