Jan 7, 2011, 9:21 PM EDT
Ever since finding out about his above-and-beyond charitable work during the summer, it’s been hard to root against Edmonton Oilers forward Gilbert Brule, despite whatever struggles he experiences in his still-young career.
He hasn’t exactly been an impact player for the Oil this season (six goals and two assists for eight points in 34 games), especially considering the fact that he went scoreless during the month of December. Yet after one more goose egg on New Year’s day, he showed some signs of life with a goal in two straight games.
Apparently that modest flourish came with a price, though, as Brule apparently suffered an injury during Edmonton’s 2-1 win against the New York Islanders on Thursday. Oilers head coach Tom Renney believes that Brule is suffering from a bruised chest or abdomen. He didn’t elaborate much further regarding the severity of the injury, but Brule will miss at least tonight’s contest against the Vancouver Canucks.
Jim Matheson of the Edmonton Journal reports that the Oilers will add big, hard-shooting defenseman Kurtis Foster back into its lineup, though.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)