Jan 7, 2011, 9:21 PM EDT
Ever since finding out about his above-and-beyond charitable work during the summer, it’s been hard to root against Edmonton Oilers forward Gilbert Brule, despite whatever struggles he experiences in his still-young career.
He hasn’t exactly been an impact player for the Oil this season (six goals and two assists for eight points in 34 games), especially considering the fact that he went scoreless during the month of December. Yet after one more goose egg on New Year’s day, he showed some signs of life with a goal in two straight games.
Apparently that modest flourish came with a price, though, as Brule apparently suffered an injury during Edmonton’s 2-1 win against the New York Islanders on Thursday. Oilers head coach Tom Renney believes that Brule is suffering from a bruised chest or abdomen. He didn’t elaborate much further regarding the severity of the injury, but Brule will miss at least tonight’s contest against the Vancouver Canucks.
Jim Matheson of the Edmonton Journal reports that the Oilers will add big, hard-shooting defenseman Kurtis Foster back into its lineup, though.
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 0
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 47
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 5
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 39
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 98
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)