Jan 6, 2011, 11:15 AM EDT
It’s been written plenty of times before, but the Staal family really is the modern answer to the Sutter family in the NHL.
Let’s hope that Jordan, Marc, Eric (and Jared?) never decide to work alongside each other as a team’s general manager like Darryl and Brent Sutter, though. Otherwise they might build up enough hostility between the two of each other that they stop talking altogether like what happened with the Sutters in Calgary. Let’s just say things might still be awkward by the next big Canadian holiday at the Sutter house.
Anyway, it seemed like Eric Staal was looking after his brother Marc, who doesn’t get as many chances to score goals because he’s a defenseman with the New York Rangers. Eric coughed up the puck to Marc who fired a great shot, but Cam Ward decided to throw a wrench in their plans by making a dynamic glove save. The Rangers ended up winning the contest in overtime, but Ward was nearly Henrik Lundqvist’s equal on Wednesday.
Check out Ward’s fantastic swipe in the video below.
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 3
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22