Jan 6, 2011, 11:15 AM EDT
It’s been written plenty of times before, but the Staal family really is the modern answer to the Sutter family in the NHL.
Let’s hope that Jordan, Marc, Eric (and Jared?) never decide to work alongside each other as a team’s general manager like Darryl and Brent Sutter, though. Otherwise they might build up enough hostility between the two of each other that they stop talking altogether like what happened with the Sutters in Calgary. Let’s just say things might still be awkward by the next big Canadian holiday at the Sutter house.
Anyway, it seemed like Eric Staal was looking after his brother Marc, who doesn’t get as many chances to score goals because he’s a defenseman with the New York Rangers. Eric coughed up the puck to Marc who fired a great shot, but Cam Ward decided to throw a wrench in their plans by making a dynamic glove save. The Rangers ended up winning the contest in overtime, but Ward was nearly Henrik Lundqvist’s equal on Wednesday.
Check out Ward’s fantastic swipe in the video below.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 9
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 20
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 91
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 35
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (93)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)