Jan 6, 2011, 11:15 AM EDT
It’s been written plenty of times before, but the Staal family really is the modern answer to the Sutter family in the NHL.
Let’s hope that Jordan, Marc, Eric (and Jared?) never decide to work alongside each other as a team’s general manager like Darryl and Brent Sutter, though. Otherwise they might build up enough hostility between the two of each other that they stop talking altogether like what happened with the Sutters in Calgary. Let’s just say things might still be awkward by the next big Canadian holiday at the Sutter house.
Anyway, it seemed like Eric Staal was looking after his brother Marc, who doesn’t get as many chances to score goals because he’s a defenseman with the New York Rangers. Eric coughed up the puck to Marc who fired a great shot, but Cam Ward decided to throw a wrench in their plans by making a dynamic glove save. The Rangers ended up winning the contest in overtime, but Ward was nearly Henrik Lundqvist’s equal on Wednesday.
Check out Ward’s fantastic swipe in the video below.
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 5
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 19
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 20
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)