Jan 6, 2011, 1:42 PM EST
It hasn’t been a fantastic start to 2011 for Edmonton Oilers forward Jordan Eberle.
For one thing, you have the obvious struggles of the Oilers, a team that is clearly still the worst in the West even with the addition of young players such as Eberle, Taylor Hall and so on. He also apparently went down with an ankle injury a couple days ago (with an estimated 10-day window for recovery) and to make matters worse, he reportedly underwent emergency surgery to remove his appendix to boot.
(The former Canadian junior hero’s country also fell flat on their faces in the third period last night, a far cry from the 2010 silver medal performance in which Eberle & Co. gave it their all.)
You might think that the talented youngster is facing nothing but bad news, but here is one bit of silver lining: Dan Tencer reports that the procedure won’t affect the length of time he was originally expected to miss with that ankle injury. See, it’s not all bad, right?
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (73)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)