Jan 6, 2011, 1:42 PM EDT
It hasn’t been a fantastic start to 2011 for Edmonton Oilers forward Jordan Eberle.
For one thing, you have the obvious struggles of the Oilers, a team that is clearly still the worst in the West even with the addition of young players such as Eberle, Taylor Hall and so on. He also apparently went down with an ankle injury a couple days ago (with an estimated 10-day window for recovery) and to make matters worse, he reportedly underwent emergency surgery to remove his appendix to boot.
(The former Canadian junior hero’s country also fell flat on their faces in the third period last night, a far cry from the 2010 silver medal performance in which Eberle & Co. gave it their all.)
You might think that the talented youngster is facing nothing but bad news, but here is one bit of silver lining: Dan Tencer reports that the procedure won’t affect the length of time he was originally expected to miss with that ankle injury. See, it’s not all bad, right?
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)