Jan 6, 2011, 1:42 PM EDT
It hasn’t been a fantastic start to 2011 for Edmonton Oilers forward Jordan Eberle.
For one thing, you have the obvious struggles of the Oilers, a team that is clearly still the worst in the West even with the addition of young players such as Eberle, Taylor Hall and so on. He also apparently went down with an ankle injury a couple days ago (with an estimated 10-day window for recovery) and to make matters worse, he reportedly underwent emergency surgery to remove his appendix to boot.
(The former Canadian junior hero’s country also fell flat on their faces in the third period last night, a far cry from the 2010 silver medal performance in which Eberle & Co. gave it their all.)
You might think that the talented youngster is facing nothing but bad news, but here is one bit of silver lining: Dan Tencer reports that the procedure won’t affect the length of time he was originally expected to miss with that ankle injury. See, it’s not all bad, right?
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 23
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 108
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 78
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (110)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (79)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)