Jan 6, 2011, 1:42 PM EDT
It hasn’t been a fantastic start to 2011 for Edmonton Oilers forward Jordan Eberle.
For one thing, you have the obvious struggles of the Oilers, a team that is clearly still the worst in the West even with the addition of young players such as Eberle, Taylor Hall and so on. He also apparently went down with an ankle injury a couple days ago (with an estimated 10-day window for recovery) and to make matters worse, he reportedly underwent emergency surgery to remove his appendix to boot.
(The former Canadian junior hero’s country also fell flat on their faces in the third period last night, a far cry from the 2010 silver medal performance in which Eberle & Co. gave it their all.)
You might think that the talented youngster is facing nothing but bad news, but here is one bit of silver lining: Dan Tencer reports that the procedure won’t affect the length of time he was originally expected to miss with that ankle injury. See, it’s not all bad, right?
- Video: Bruins, Hawks combine for five goals in 11 minutes during wild second period 0
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 61
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 21
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 23
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming