Jan 5, 2011, 6:06 PM EST
Whether you’re interested for fantasy hockey reasons or just want to know which goalie your team is playing in a given day, we thought it might be helpful to share our best guesses (based on various previews from newspapers and Web sites plus our own instincts) on who might start each day.
Tampa Bay @ Pittsburgh – 7:00 p.m.
Tampa Bay’s starter: Dwayne Roloson gets the trial by fire in Tampa getting his first two starts against Washington and Pittsburgh. (Source)
Pittsburgh’s starter: Marc-Andre Fleury will start and it’s Pittsburgh’s first game since the Winter Classic. It’s a logical call. (Source)
Carolina @ NY Rangers – 7:00 p.m.
Carolina’s starter: Cam Ward will get the call to start once again and he’s been outstanding this season. (Source)
New York’s starter: Henrik Lundqvist will get the start against the Hurricanes and he’ll hope the Rangers offense shows up to help him out this time around. (Source)
Atlanta @ Florida – 7:30 p.m.
Atlanta’s starter: Ondrej Pavelec will bring his Pavelectricity to Florida for the Thrashers. (Source)
Florida’s likely starter: We’ve got to think that Tomas Vokoun gets the call against divisional rival Atlanta. We saw Scott Clemmensen get a start recently so Vokoun’s at least had a break lately.
Dallas @ Chicago – 8:30 p.m.
Dallas’ starter: Kari Lehtonen gets the nod. (Source)
Chicago’s starter: Who else but Corey Crawford? He’s been the reason for Chicago’s success this year and he’ll get to go again against the Stars. (Source)
Calgary @ Vancouver – 10:00 p.m.
Calgary’s starter: Miikka Kiprusoff will get the start in this divisional rivalry game between Canadian foes. (Source)
Vancouver’s starter: Roberto Luongo gets the call once again. (Source)
Nashville @ Anaheim – 10:00 p.m.
Nashville’s likely starter: Pekka Rinne figures to get the call tonight.
Anaheim’s likely starter: No reason to think that Jonas Hiller won’t get the call.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 34
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)