Jan 5, 2011, 4:27 PM EDT
If you’ve lost track of the Flyers while they’ve been on their five-game road trip, things have not gone well for them defensively. They’ve gone 2-2 on their road swing and they’ve given up 17 goals in the four games they’ve played so far. For a Flyers team that prided themselves on solid defensive play and goaltending, that’s just not getting it done. Those bad numbers also coincide with the absence of Chris Pronger who went down with a broken foot.
Today, the Flyers got some good news as Pronger was given the green light to resume skating with the team. Pronger had two screws put into his foot to help it heal up better and for the Flyers this news comes at a great time. Pronger’s presence is sorely missed in the Philly lineup as they’re not as physical nor are they as intimidating. They’re just also not as good.
Without Pronger, the Flyers have been using Oskars Bartulis to fill out the defensive top six. Kimmo Timonen has also been battling injuries as well making the situation a lot harder for Philly. Pronger is the man that makes it all work though and with him getting back eventually, that’s a good thing for the Flyers.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 8
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 29
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)