Jan 5, 2011, 6:46 PM EDT
All right so it wasn’t the gold medal, but it was still a stellar comeback performance for the United States in beating Sweden 4-2 in the bronze medal game at the World Junior Championships in Buffalo. Chris Kreider scored two goals to lead the way for the Americans while Jack Campbell held strong in goal.
For the United States, they finish the tournament with just one loss and it was a stink bomb of a game against a very motivated Team Canada in the semifinals. Having the United States come out fired up for what was a tough game against Sweden was a good change of pace as the Americans looked timid, passive, and sloppy against Canada.
With Campbell playing as strong as he did, and having to feel bad about not winning gold in Buffalo, he’s excited and hopeful he can come back next year to help the United States get back on top of the podium.
Later tonight, Canada plays Russia for the gold medal.
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 129
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 15
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 4
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 23
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 23
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 17
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (128)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)