Jan 4, 2011, 4:08 PM EDT
Every once in a while, there are poll results that seem a bit puzzling. This is one of those situations, although the goal itself was certainly worthy of praise.
It’s unclear if people really enjoyed the goal that much or if Washington Capitals fans turned out in support of borderline NHLer Jay Beagle. Perhaps it’s just a matter of personal opinion, though, as I was particularly smitten by Dustin Brown’s beautiful finish at the end of Anze Kopitar’s great saucer pass.
No doubt about it, though, Beagle’s turnaround move and excellent top shelf shot is quite the sight to see. He absolutely dominated the voting for the December 6th to January 2nd goal of the week as you can see in the poll below.
So Beagle earned more votes himself than the other nominees combined. Check out video of the goal below.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 6
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22