Jan 4, 2011, 4:08 PM EDT
Every once in a while, there are poll results that seem a bit puzzling. This is one of those situations, although the goal itself was certainly worthy of praise.
It’s unclear if people really enjoyed the goal that much or if Washington Capitals fans turned out in support of borderline NHLer Jay Beagle. Perhaps it’s just a matter of personal opinion, though, as I was particularly smitten by Dustin Brown’s beautiful finish at the end of Anze Kopitar’s great saucer pass.
No doubt about it, though, Beagle’s turnaround move and excellent top shelf shot is quite the sight to see. He absolutely dominated the voting for the December 6th to January 2nd goal of the week as you can see in the poll below.
So Beagle earned more votes himself than the other nominees combined. Check out video of the goal below.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 27
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 26
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)