Jan 4, 2011, 4:08 PM EST
Every once in a while, there are poll results that seem a bit puzzling. This is one of those situations, although the goal itself was certainly worthy of praise.
It’s unclear if people really enjoyed the goal that much or if Washington Capitals fans turned out in support of borderline NHLer Jay Beagle. Perhaps it’s just a matter of personal opinion, though, as I was particularly smitten by Dustin Brown’s beautiful finish at the end of Anze Kopitar’s great saucer pass.
No doubt about it, though, Beagle’s turnaround move and excellent top shelf shot is quite the sight to see. He absolutely dominated the voting for the December 6th to January 2nd goal of the week as you can see in the poll below.
So Beagle earned more votes himself than the other nominees combined. Check out video of the goal below.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 9
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 43
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 36
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32