Jan 4, 2011, 4:08 PM EDT
Every once in a while, there are poll results that seem a bit puzzling. This is one of those situations, although the goal itself was certainly worthy of praise.
It’s unclear if people really enjoyed the goal that much or if Washington Capitals fans turned out in support of borderline NHLer Jay Beagle. Perhaps it’s just a matter of personal opinion, though, as I was particularly smitten by Dustin Brown’s beautiful finish at the end of Anze Kopitar’s great saucer pass.
No doubt about it, though, Beagle’s turnaround move and excellent top shelf shot is quite the sight to see. He absolutely dominated the voting for the December 6th to January 2nd goal of the week as you can see in the poll below.
So Beagle earned more votes himself than the other nominees combined. Check out video of the goal below.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 42
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)