Jan 4, 2011, 4:08 PM EDT
Every once in a while, there are poll results that seem a bit puzzling. This is one of those situations, although the goal itself was certainly worthy of praise.
It’s unclear if people really enjoyed the goal that much or if Washington Capitals fans turned out in support of borderline NHLer Jay Beagle. Perhaps it’s just a matter of personal opinion, though, as I was particularly smitten by Dustin Brown’s beautiful finish at the end of Anze Kopitar’s great saucer pass.
No doubt about it, though, Beagle’s turnaround move and excellent top shelf shot is quite the sight to see. He absolutely dominated the voting for the December 6th to January 2nd goal of the week as you can see in the poll below.
So Beagle earned more votes himself than the other nominees combined. Check out video of the goal below.
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year 3
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 22
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 48
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 2
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 60
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)