Jan 3, 2011, 9:15 AM EST
Ducks goalie Jonas Hiller was very clearly the man for Anaheim last night. The Swiss netminder stopped 39 shots en route to a 2-1 Ducks win over Chicago. Hiller has proven on more than a few occasions that he can end up in the zone and dominate a game or series. Last night, Hiller added another wrinkle to his game: highlight reel specialist.
With just under 12 minutes to play in the third period, Chicago was pressuring to tie the game. Viktor Stalberg gathered the puck out high in the zone and fired a shot that bounced off of Hiller’s pads. Hiller was then prone and on the ice while Skille gathered the rebound and sized up his shot. Rather than going up high from a tough angle, Skille looked to slip it by him a bit lower.
Unfortunately for Skille, Hiller was on his game.
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 14
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 32
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (81)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)