Jan 3, 2011, 9:15 AM EDT
Ducks goalie Jonas Hiller was very clearly the man for Anaheim last night. The Swiss netminder stopped 39 shots en route to a 2-1 Ducks win over Chicago. Hiller has proven on more than a few occasions that he can end up in the zone and dominate a game or series. Last night, Hiller added another wrinkle to his game: highlight reel specialist.
With just under 12 minutes to play in the third period, Chicago was pressuring to tie the game. Viktor Stalberg gathered the puck out high in the zone and fired a shot that bounced off of Hiller’s pads. Hiller was then prone and on the ice while Skille gathered the rebound and sized up his shot. Rather than going up high from a tough angle, Skille looked to slip it by him a bit lower.
Unfortunately for Skille, Hiller was on his game.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 11
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 15
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 12
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5