Jan 3, 2011, 9:15 AM EST
Ducks goalie Jonas Hiller was very clearly the man for Anaheim last night. The Swiss netminder stopped 39 shots en route to a 2-1 Ducks win over Chicago. Hiller has proven on more than a few occasions that he can end up in the zone and dominate a game or series. Last night, Hiller added another wrinkle to his game: highlight reel specialist.
With just under 12 minutes to play in the third period, Chicago was pressuring to tie the game. Viktor Stalberg gathered the puck out high in the zone and fired a shot that bounced off of Hiller’s pads. Hiller was then prone and on the ice while Skille gathered the rebound and sized up his shot. Rather than going up high from a tough angle, Skille looked to slip it by him a bit lower.
Unfortunately for Skille, Hiller was on his game.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 0
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11