Jan 3, 2011, 1:59 PM EST
When Jonathan Toews went down with a shoulder injury last week, it seemed like it would be one of those things where Chicago might not every be able to get anyone healthy at the same time. Toews was supposed to miss two weeks of action but that will all change tonight as he’s ready to play and will go tonight against the Kings.
Toews, the Blackhawks captain, rejoins a lineup that finally has a healthy Marian Hossa and Patrick Kane and with goalie Corey Crawford playing outstanding of late, the Blackhawks are in better shape. The Blackhawks have lost three straight including the Blues game in which Toews was hurt. The offense has sputtered in two of those three losses and not having Toews can certainly be attributed to that.
Asking the offense to light it up tonight against the Kings with Chicago wrapping up a road trip might be asking a lot, but there’s a reason why Toews is the captain of this team. If there’s inspiration to be found, Toews will get it.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)