Jan 3, 2011, 1:59 PM EDT
When Jonathan Toews went down with a shoulder injury last week, it seemed like it would be one of those things where Chicago might not every be able to get anyone healthy at the same time. Toews was supposed to miss two weeks of action but that will all change tonight as he’s ready to play and will go tonight against the Kings.
Toews, the Blackhawks captain, rejoins a lineup that finally has a healthy Marian Hossa and Patrick Kane and with goalie Corey Crawford playing outstanding of late, the Blackhawks are in better shape. The Blackhawks have lost three straight including the Blues game in which Toews was hurt. The offense has sputtered in two of those three losses and not having Toews can certainly be attributed to that.
Asking the offense to light it up tonight against the Kings with Chicago wrapping up a road trip might be asking a lot, but there’s a reason why Toews is the captain of this team. If there’s inspiration to be found, Toews will get it.
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 3
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 23
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)