Jan 3, 2011, 1:59 PM EDT
When Jonathan Toews went down with a shoulder injury last week, it seemed like it would be one of those things where Chicago might not every be able to get anyone healthy at the same time. Toews was supposed to miss two weeks of action but that will all change tonight as he’s ready to play and will go tonight against the Kings.
Toews, the Blackhawks captain, rejoins a lineup that finally has a healthy Marian Hossa and Patrick Kane and with goalie Corey Crawford playing outstanding of late, the Blackhawks are in better shape. The Blackhawks have lost three straight including the Blues game in which Toews was hurt. The offense has sputtered in two of those three losses and not having Toews can certainly be attributed to that.
Asking the offense to light it up tonight against the Kings with Chicago wrapping up a road trip might be asking a lot, but there’s a reason why Toews is the captain of this team. If there’s inspiration to be found, Toews will get it.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)