Jan 3, 2011, 1:59 PM EDT
When Jonathan Toews went down with a shoulder injury last week, it seemed like it would be one of those things where Chicago might not every be able to get anyone healthy at the same time. Toews was supposed to miss two weeks of action but that will all change tonight as he’s ready to play and will go tonight against the Kings.
Toews, the Blackhawks captain, rejoins a lineup that finally has a healthy Marian Hossa and Patrick Kane and with goalie Corey Crawford playing outstanding of late, the Blackhawks are in better shape. The Blackhawks have lost three straight including the Blues game in which Toews was hurt. The offense has sputtered in two of those three losses and not having Toews can certainly be attributed to that.
Asking the offense to light it up tonight against the Kings with Chicago wrapping up a road trip might be asking a lot, but there’s a reason why Toews is the captain of this team. If there’s inspiration to be found, Toews will get it.
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 7
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 16
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 47
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 85
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (85)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery
- PFT: NFL want to make Pro Bowl like game show
- PFT: Bucs saw Revis injury as opportunity
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Cleary: 'We won't be exchanging Christmas cards'
- Play Video: 'Hawks potential tying goal waved off
- Play Video: Blackhawks score on controversial play
- Play Video: Blackhawks bring the pain
- Play Video: Red Wings and BlackHawks fighting for control