Jan 3, 2011, 10:15 AM EST
Evander Kane is one of those players that’s having a special season in Atlanta. Dustin Byfuglien is getting a ton of the attention for doing that and deservedly so. One guy who’s having a breakout season of sorts. In just his second year in the league, Kane is starting to take the NHL by storm with his high-flying ability.
Kane was able to show off a brand new set of skills yesterday afternoon against Montreal: scoring while sitting on the ice.
In the second period, Atlanta was heaping the pressure on the Habs as the puck squirted loose in front of the cage. At this point, Kane was already down on the ice planted firmly on his backside. Luckily for Kane, he was able to find a little bit of room by the post on Carey Price and scored with relative ease all things considered. Have a look for your self.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 37
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 25
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 43
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 22
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 84
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)