Jan 3, 2011, 10:15 AM EST
Evander Kane is one of those players that’s having a special season in Atlanta. Dustin Byfuglien is getting a ton of the attention for doing that and deservedly so. One guy who’s having a breakout season of sorts. In just his second year in the league, Kane is starting to take the NHL by storm with his high-flying ability.
Kane was able to show off a brand new set of skills yesterday afternoon against Montreal: scoring while sitting on the ice.
In the second period, Atlanta was heaping the pressure on the Habs as the puck squirted loose in front of the cage. At this point, Kane was already down on the ice planted firmly on his backside. Luckily for Kane, he was able to find a little bit of room by the post on Carey Price and scored with relative ease all things considered. Have a look for your self.
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 1
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 7
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 19
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 44
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 38
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)