Jan 3, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Evander Kane is one of those players that’s having a special season in Atlanta. Dustin Byfuglien is getting a ton of the attention for doing that and deservedly so. One guy who’s having a breakout season of sorts. In just his second year in the league, Kane is starting to take the NHL by storm with his high-flying ability.
Kane was able to show off a brand new set of skills yesterday afternoon against Montreal: scoring while sitting on the ice.
In the second period, Atlanta was heaping the pressure on the Habs as the puck squirted loose in front of the cage. At this point, Kane was already down on the ice planted firmly on his backside. Luckily for Kane, he was able to find a little bit of room by the post on Carey Price and scored with relative ease all things considered. Have a look for your self.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 38
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)