Jan 3, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Evander Kane is one of those players that’s having a special season in Atlanta. Dustin Byfuglien is getting a ton of the attention for doing that and deservedly so. One guy who’s having a breakout season of sorts. In just his second year in the league, Kane is starting to take the NHL by storm with his high-flying ability.
Kane was able to show off a brand new set of skills yesterday afternoon against Montreal: scoring while sitting on the ice.
In the second period, Atlanta was heaping the pressure on the Habs as the puck squirted loose in front of the cage. At this point, Kane was already down on the ice planted firmly on his backside. Luckily for Kane, he was able to find a little bit of room by the post on Carey Price and scored with relative ease all things considered. Have a look for your self.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 29
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 112
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 80
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (112)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)