Jan 3, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Evander Kane is one of those players that’s having a special season in Atlanta. Dustin Byfuglien is getting a ton of the attention for doing that and deservedly so. One guy who’s having a breakout season of sorts. In just his second year in the league, Kane is starting to take the NHL by storm with his high-flying ability.
Kane was able to show off a brand new set of skills yesterday afternoon against Montreal: scoring while sitting on the ice.
In the second period, Atlanta was heaping the pressure on the Habs as the puck squirted loose in front of the cage. At this point, Kane was already down on the ice planted firmly on his backside. Luckily for Kane, he was able to find a little bit of room by the post on Carey Price and scored with relative ease all things considered. Have a look for your self.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 16
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)