Jan 2, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Tyler Ennis wasn’t the best player for the Buffalo Sabres last night. That prize likely goes to Drew Stafford, who scored a hat trick and a shootout goal in the team’s wild 7-6 win over the Boston Bruins. He certainly didn’t have the spotlight on Saturday by any means either, as Eric Fehr and the Washington Capitals find themselves under the gaze of the hockey world.
Nope, instead, Ennis simply scored Saturday’s best goal. He made a nice, decisive series of dekes to get Tim Thomas to commit a bit too early and fired the puck past the Bruins’ acrobatic goalie to help Buffalo win the shootout.
Of course, the goal wouldn’t have been the same without those aforementioned acrobatics from Thomas. He nearly contorted his body in a way that allowed him to stop that Ennis attempt, making it a memorable moment and solidifying its spot as the night’s best tally.
After all the times Thomas ruined a great moment with a save of the night worthy stop, perhaps it’s only fair that he ended up on the wrong side of a highlight for once.
(Note: the photo for this post isn’t from the goal, obviously, but it’s cool looking so stop your belly aching.)
- Video: Mrazek makes astounding save, Stamkos brawls again 3
- 2015 Norris Trophy finalists: Doughty, Karlsson and Subban 21
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 22
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 12
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 73
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 50
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (87)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)