Jan 2, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Tyler Ennis wasn’t the best player for the Buffalo Sabres last night. That prize likely goes to Drew Stafford, who scored a hat trick and a shootout goal in the team’s wild 7-6 win over the Boston Bruins. He certainly didn’t have the spotlight on Saturday by any means either, as Eric Fehr and the Washington Capitals find themselves under the gaze of the hockey world.
Nope, instead, Ennis simply scored Saturday’s best goal. He made a nice, decisive series of dekes to get Tim Thomas to commit a bit too early and fired the puck past the Bruins’ acrobatic goalie to help Buffalo win the shootout.
Of course, the goal wouldn’t have been the same without those aforementioned acrobatics from Thomas. He nearly contorted his body in a way that allowed him to stop that Ennis attempt, making it a memorable moment and solidifying its spot as the night’s best tally.
After all the times Thomas ruined a great moment with a save of the night worthy stop, perhaps it’s only fair that he ended up on the wrong side of a highlight for once.
(Note: the photo for this post isn’t from the goal, obviously, but it’s cool looking so stop your belly aching.)
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)