Jan 2, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Tyler Ennis wasn’t the best player for the Buffalo Sabres last night. That prize likely goes to Drew Stafford, who scored a hat trick and a shootout goal in the team’s wild 7-6 win over the Boston Bruins. He certainly didn’t have the spotlight on Saturday by any means either, as Eric Fehr and the Washington Capitals find themselves under the gaze of the hockey world.
Nope, instead, Ennis simply scored Saturday’s best goal. He made a nice, decisive series of dekes to get Tim Thomas to commit a bit too early and fired the puck past the Bruins’ acrobatic goalie to help Buffalo win the shootout.
Of course, the goal wouldn’t have been the same without those aforementioned acrobatics from Thomas. He nearly contorted his body in a way that allowed him to stop that Ennis attempt, making it a memorable moment and solidifying its spot as the night’s best tally.
After all the times Thomas ruined a great moment with a save of the night worthy stop, perhaps it’s only fair that he ended up on the wrong side of a highlight for once.
(Note: the photo for this post isn’t from the goal, obviously, but it’s cool looking so stop your belly aching.)
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 11
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 11
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)