Jan 2, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Tyler Ennis wasn’t the best player for the Buffalo Sabres last night. That prize likely goes to Drew Stafford, who scored a hat trick and a shootout goal in the team’s wild 7-6 win over the Boston Bruins. He certainly didn’t have the spotlight on Saturday by any means either, as Eric Fehr and the Washington Capitals find themselves under the gaze of the hockey world.
Nope, instead, Ennis simply scored Saturday’s best goal. He made a nice, decisive series of dekes to get Tim Thomas to commit a bit too early and fired the puck past the Bruins’ acrobatic goalie to help Buffalo win the shootout.
Of course, the goal wouldn’t have been the same without those aforementioned acrobatics from Thomas. He nearly contorted his body in a way that allowed him to stop that Ennis attempt, making it a memorable moment and solidifying its spot as the night’s best tally.
After all the times Thomas ruined a great moment with a save of the night worthy stop, perhaps it’s only fair that he ended up on the wrong side of a highlight for once.
(Note: the photo for this post isn’t from the goal, obviously, but it’s cool looking so stop your belly aching.)
- Giroux leaves ice after 15 minutes with lower-body injury (Updated) 8
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 4
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 26
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 7
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)