Jan 2, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
Tyler Ennis wasn’t the best player for the Buffalo Sabres last night. That prize likely goes to Drew Stafford, who scored a hat trick and a shootout goal in the team’s wild 7-6 win over the Boston Bruins. He certainly didn’t have the spotlight on Saturday by any means either, as Eric Fehr and the Washington Capitals find themselves under the gaze of the hockey world.
Nope, instead, Ennis simply scored Saturday’s best goal. He made a nice, decisive series of dekes to get Tim Thomas to commit a bit too early and fired the puck past the Bruins’ acrobatic goalie to help Buffalo win the shootout.
Of course, the goal wouldn’t have been the same without those aforementioned acrobatics from Thomas. He nearly contorted his body in a way that allowed him to stop that Ennis attempt, making it a memorable moment and solidifying its spot as the night’s best tally.
After all the times Thomas ruined a great moment with a save of the night worthy stop, perhaps it’s only fair that he ended up on the wrong side of a highlight for once.
(Note: the photo for this post isn’t from the goal, obviously, but it’s cool looking so stop your belly aching.)
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 27
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)