Jan 2, 2011, 1:56 AM EDT
A lot of people get offended or irritated by the attention heaped upon Washington Capitals sniper Alex Ovechkin and Pittsburgh Penguins star Sidney Crosby. It’s understandable in a way because the NHL is jam-packed with fantastic players, so focusing on two players seems unfair.
That being said, if you had to choose two players to spotlight, how could you not tab Ovechkin and Crosby? They consistently find themselves in highlight reels and league leader lists, not to mention that – Capitals playoff disappointments notwithstanding – they both play for very successful teams.
Maybe one is a little unkempt and the other might be a little boring, but when you put them together you get a little bit of everything.
So complain and criticize if you might, but it only makes sense to fix a camera on both of them during most games, especially an event like the 2011 Winter Classic. If you really cannot stand them that much then we understand. Click on another story. Yet if you want to monitor how their games really went, check out the individual star cam videos for both stars.
First, we’ll star with Ovechkin because his team won.
OK, now let’s take a look at Crosby’s clips.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 9
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 27
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)