Jan 2, 2011, 1:56 AM EDT
A lot of people get offended or irritated by the attention heaped upon Washington Capitals sniper Alex Ovechkin and Pittsburgh Penguins star Sidney Crosby. It’s understandable in a way because the NHL is jam-packed with fantastic players, so focusing on two players seems unfair.
That being said, if you had to choose two players to spotlight, how could you not tab Ovechkin and Crosby? They consistently find themselves in highlight reels and league leader lists, not to mention that – Capitals playoff disappointments notwithstanding – they both play for very successful teams.
Maybe one is a little unkempt and the other might be a little boring, but when you put them together you get a little bit of everything.
So complain and criticize if you might, but it only makes sense to fix a camera on both of them during most games, especially an event like the 2011 Winter Classic. If you really cannot stand them that much then we understand. Click on another story. Yet if you want to monitor how their games really went, check out the individual star cam videos for both stars.
First, we’ll star with Ovechkin because his team won.
OK, now let’s take a look at Crosby’s clips.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5