Jan 2, 2011, 1:56 AM EDT
A lot of people get offended or irritated by the attention heaped upon Washington Capitals sniper Alex Ovechkin and Pittsburgh Penguins star Sidney Crosby. It’s understandable in a way because the NHL is jam-packed with fantastic players, so focusing on two players seems unfair.
That being said, if you had to choose two players to spotlight, how could you not tab Ovechkin and Crosby? They consistently find themselves in highlight reels and league leader lists, not to mention that – Capitals playoff disappointments notwithstanding – they both play for very successful teams.
Maybe one is a little unkempt and the other might be a little boring, but when you put them together you get a little bit of everything.
So complain and criticize if you might, but it only makes sense to fix a camera on both of them during most games, especially an event like the 2011 Winter Classic. If you really cannot stand them that much then we understand. Click on another story. Yet if you want to monitor how their games really went, check out the individual star cam videos for both stars.
First, we’ll star with Ovechkin because his team won.
OK, now let’s take a look at Crosby’s clips.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 1
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)