Jan 1, 2011, 12:01 AM EST
Sometimes all it takes is a single photo to whet your appetite for what’s to come.
For the newly rescheduled 2011 Winter Classic that’s set to take place now at 8 p.m. Saturday night thanks to questionable weather in Pittsburgh, we’ve got just the photo for you to get you excited for what outdoor hockey under the lights will look like.
If you want to get a better look at the photo, feel free to click on it and blow it up nice and big for you to use as you will. We know your evening wasn’t truly spent glued to the television sets tonight watching hockey, but we’re pretty sure New Year’s night is going to be just the hangover medicine the doctor ordered with the Winter Classic.
Happy New Year everyone.
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 39
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 51
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 13
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Can battered, slumping Stars rise above Blackhawks? 8
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (51)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (39)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)
- ‘Don’t ruin a good thing,’ says Don Cherry after historic Rogers-NHL deal (32)