Jan 1, 2011, 12:01 AM EDT
Sometimes all it takes is a single photo to whet your appetite for what’s to come.
For the newly rescheduled 2011 Winter Classic that’s set to take place now at 8 p.m. Saturday night thanks to questionable weather in Pittsburgh, we’ve got just the photo for you to get you excited for what outdoor hockey under the lights will look like.
If you want to get a better look at the photo, feel free to click on it and blow it up nice and big for you to use as you will. We know your evening wasn’t truly spent glued to the television sets tonight watching hockey, but we’re pretty sure New Year’s night is going to be just the hangover medicine the doctor ordered with the Winter Classic.
Happy New Year everyone.
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 3
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 38
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 54
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 42
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 75
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 34
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 48
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 59
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)