Jan 1, 2011, 12:01 AM EDT
Sometimes all it takes is a single photo to whet your appetite for what’s to come.
For the newly rescheduled 2011 Winter Classic that’s set to take place now at 8 p.m. Saturday night thanks to questionable weather in Pittsburgh, we’ve got just the photo for you to get you excited for what outdoor hockey under the lights will look like.
If you want to get a better look at the photo, feel free to click on it and blow it up nice and big for you to use as you will. We know your evening wasn’t truly spent glued to the television sets tonight watching hockey, but we’re pretty sure New Year’s night is going to be just the hangover medicine the doctor ordered with the Winter Classic.
Happy New Year everyone.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 0
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 8
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 4
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)