Jan 1, 2011, 12:01 AM EDT
Sometimes all it takes is a single photo to whet your appetite for what’s to come.
For the newly rescheduled 2011 Winter Classic that’s set to take place now at 8 p.m. Saturday night thanks to questionable weather in Pittsburgh, we’ve got just the photo for you to get you excited for what outdoor hockey under the lights will look like.
If you want to get a better look at the photo, feel free to click on it and blow it up nice and big for you to use as you will. We know your evening wasn’t truly spent glued to the television sets tonight watching hockey, but we’re pretty sure New Year’s night is going to be just the hangover medicine the doctor ordered with the Winter Classic.
Happy New Year everyone.
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 42
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 39
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)