Dec 30, 2010, 10:28 PM EDT
Most (if not all?) women grow up dreaming of how their weddings will turn out. They probably picture themselves wearing a beautiful wedding dress, surrounded by their closest family and friends … and it’s quite likely that none of them picture themselves walking to the altar with a huge bird mascot around their arms.
Yet that’s exactly what Cynthia Pritchard did when she married David Pritchard tonight during the first intermission of the Boston Bruins-Atlanta Thrashers game.
Chris Vivlamore captured the scene in Atlanta (where the Thrashers defeated the Bruins 3-2 in a shootout win, by the way).
The real ceremony took place in the zamboni entrance to the ice rink. The Blue Crew acted as bridesmaids, and the Hits Crew were the groomsmen. Mascot Thrash walked Cynthia down the aisle, and in-house host J. Bird was David’s best man. Following the wedding, the couple got zamboni rides.
Zamboni rides? Sounds like a honeymoon to me. Here is video of one of the oddest moments of matrimony you’ll ever see.
(Screen shot via the video, originally found at Kukla’s Korner.)
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 8
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 9
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 18
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 48
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 40
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)