Dec 30, 2010, 10:28 PM EDT
Most (if not all?) women grow up dreaming of how their weddings will turn out. They probably picture themselves wearing a beautiful wedding dress, surrounded by their closest family and friends … and it’s quite likely that none of them picture themselves walking to the altar with a huge bird mascot around their arms.
Yet that’s exactly what Cynthia Pritchard did when she married David Pritchard tonight during the first intermission of the Boston Bruins-Atlanta Thrashers game.
Chris Vivlamore captured the scene in Atlanta (where the Thrashers defeated the Bruins 3-2 in a shootout win, by the way).
The real ceremony took place in the zamboni entrance to the ice rink. The Blue Crew acted as bridesmaids, and the Hits Crew were the groomsmen. Mascot Thrash walked Cynthia down the aisle, and in-house host J. Bird was David’s best man. Following the wedding, the couple got zamboni rides.
Zamboni rides? Sounds like a honeymoon to me. Here is video of one of the oddest moments of matrimony you’ll ever see.
(Screen shot via the video, originally found at Kukla’s Korner.)
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54