Dec 30, 2010, 10:28 PM EDT
Most (if not all?) women grow up dreaming of how their weddings will turn out. They probably picture themselves wearing a beautiful wedding dress, surrounded by their closest family and friends … and it’s quite likely that none of them picture themselves walking to the altar with a huge bird mascot around their arms.
Yet that’s exactly what Cynthia Pritchard did when she married David Pritchard tonight during the first intermission of the Boston Bruins-Atlanta Thrashers game.
Chris Vivlamore captured the scene in Atlanta (where the Thrashers defeated the Bruins 3-2 in a shootout win, by the way).
The real ceremony took place in the zamboni entrance to the ice rink. The Blue Crew acted as bridesmaids, and the Hits Crew were the groomsmen. Mascot Thrash walked Cynthia down the aisle, and in-house host J. Bird was David’s best man. Following the wedding, the couple got zamboni rides.
Zamboni rides? Sounds like a honeymoon to me. Here is video of one of the oddest moments of matrimony you’ll ever see.
(Screen shot via the video, originally found at Kukla’s Korner.)
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 4
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 60
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 24
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 64
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1