Dec 30, 2010, 10:28 PM EDT
Most (if not all?) women grow up dreaming of how their weddings will turn out. They probably picture themselves wearing a beautiful wedding dress, surrounded by their closest family and friends … and it’s quite likely that none of them picture themselves walking to the altar with a huge bird mascot around their arms.
Yet that’s exactly what Cynthia Pritchard did when she married David Pritchard tonight during the first intermission of the Boston Bruins-Atlanta Thrashers game.
Chris Vivlamore captured the scene in Atlanta (where the Thrashers defeated the Bruins 3-2 in a shootout win, by the way).
The real ceremony took place in the zamboni entrance to the ice rink. The Blue Crew acted as bridesmaids, and the Hits Crew were the groomsmen. Mascot Thrash walked Cynthia down the aisle, and in-house host J. Bird was David’s best man. Following the wedding, the couple got zamboni rides.
Zamboni rides? Sounds like a honeymoon to me. Here is video of one of the oddest moments of matrimony you’ll ever see.
(Screen shot via the video, originally found at Kukla’s Korner.)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 48
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)