Dec 30, 2010, 10:28 PM EDT
Most (if not all?) women grow up dreaming of how their weddings will turn out. They probably picture themselves wearing a beautiful wedding dress, surrounded by their closest family and friends … and it’s quite likely that none of them picture themselves walking to the altar with a huge bird mascot around their arms.
Yet that’s exactly what Cynthia Pritchard did when she married David Pritchard tonight during the first intermission of the Boston Bruins-Atlanta Thrashers game.
Chris Vivlamore captured the scene in Atlanta (where the Thrashers defeated the Bruins 3-2 in a shootout win, by the way).
The real ceremony took place in the zamboni entrance to the ice rink. The Blue Crew acted as bridesmaids, and the Hits Crew were the groomsmen. Mascot Thrash walked Cynthia down the aisle, and in-house host J. Bird was David’s best man. Following the wedding, the couple got zamboni rides.
Zamboni rides? Sounds like a honeymoon to me. Here is video of one of the oddest moments of matrimony you’ll ever see.
(Screen shot via the video, originally found at Kukla’s Korner.)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 73
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32