Dec 30, 2010, 4:31 PM EDT
Honestly, when the Atlanta Thrashers picked up former Toronto Maple Leafs center Nik Antropov, I was expecting minimal results. Instead, the big center produced the best statistical season of his career in 2009-10, with 24 goals and career highs in assists (43) and points (67).
The 2010-11 season hasn’t been as kind to Antropov so far (seven goals and 11 assists for 18 points with a -7 rating), but he’s still another large player who makes the Thrashers a robust, tough group to deal with. Unfortunately, a hip injury forced Atlanta to place the Russian on the injured reserve.
The team recalled Tim Stapleton to take Antropov’s spot in the lineup. As you may recall, they recently signed Stapleton to a two-year deal, so maybe Antropov’s loss is Stapleton’s gain. It’s not clear how long Antropov will be out, but we’ll keep an eye on his injury situation.
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 0
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 2
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 10
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 26
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 12
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 68
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 6
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- Play Video: Neil hits Murray below the belt
- Play Video: Morrow's goal up for review in Game 5
- Play Video: Phantom penalty called on Crosby
- Play Video: I was there: Bruins stun Maple Leafs in Game 7
- Play Video: Top-seeded Blackhawks on brink of elimination