Dec 30, 2010, 4:31 PM EDT
Honestly, when the Atlanta Thrashers picked up former Toronto Maple Leafs center Nik Antropov, I was expecting minimal results. Instead, the big center produced the best statistical season of his career in 2009-10, with 24 goals and career highs in assists (43) and points (67).
The 2010-11 season hasn’t been as kind to Antropov so far (seven goals and 11 assists for 18 points with a -7 rating), but he’s still another large player who makes the Thrashers a robust, tough group to deal with. Unfortunately, a hip injury forced Atlanta to place the Russian on the injured reserve.
The team recalled Tim Stapleton to take Antropov’s spot in the lineup. As you may recall, they recently signed Stapleton to a two-year deal, so maybe Antropov’s loss is Stapleton’s gain. It’s not clear how long Antropov will be out, but we’ll keep an eye on his injury situation.
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 6
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 97
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 12
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 3
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 20
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 22
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 17
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (122)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)