Dec 30, 2010, 4:31 PM EST
Honestly, when the Atlanta Thrashers picked up former Toronto Maple Leafs center Nik Antropov, I was expecting minimal results. Instead, the big center produced the best statistical season of his career in 2009-10, with 24 goals and career highs in assists (43) and points (67).
The 2010-11 season hasn’t been as kind to Antropov so far (seven goals and 11 assists for 18 points with a -7 rating), but he’s still another large player who makes the Thrashers a robust, tough group to deal with. Unfortunately, a hip injury forced Atlanta to place the Russian on the injured reserve.
The team recalled Tim Stapleton to take Antropov’s spot in the lineup. As you may recall, they recently signed Stapleton to a two-year deal, so maybe Antropov’s loss is Stapleton’s gain. It’s not clear how long Antropov will be out, but we’ll keep an eye on his injury situation.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)