Dec 30, 2010, 5:13 PM EDT
Sad news for Jaden Schwartz today, something that the young player and his family is unfortunately getting used to. The St. Louis Blues prospect and Team Canada player fractured his ankle, an injury that will sideline him for six weeks (which means that he will miss the rest of the 2011 World Junior Championships among other games).
It’s been a tough few weeks for Schwartz, as the family faced the tough news that his sister Mandi’s cancer returned after a stem cell transplant. The former Yale women’s hockey player has been fighting cancer for two years now, so this latest development must be hard for the Schwartz family to take.
Hopefully 2011 will bring better news and better health for Jaden and Mandi Schwartz because 2010 didn’t end well. Our best wishes go out to their family.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 1
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 5
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 9
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 1
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)