Dec 30, 2010, 5:13 PM EDT
Sad news for Jaden Schwartz today, something that the young player and his family is unfortunately getting used to. The St. Louis Blues prospect and Team Canada player fractured his ankle, an injury that will sideline him for six weeks (which means that he will miss the rest of the 2011 World Junior Championships among other games).
It’s been a tough few weeks for Schwartz, as the family faced the tough news that his sister Mandi’s cancer returned after a stem cell transplant. The former Yale women’s hockey player has been fighting cancer for two years now, so this latest development must be hard for the Schwartz family to take.
Hopefully 2011 will bring better news and better health for Jaden and Mandi Schwartz because 2010 didn’t end well. Our best wishes go out to their family.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)