Dec 30, 2010, 10:55 AM EDT
The goal of the day is like a car crash of player names that all lead into everyone saying, “Huh?!” No disrespect intended to Jiri Hudler and Todd Bertuzzi of the Detroit Red Wings here, but when you tell people that Bertuzzi had a crazy no-look pass to feed a wide open Hudler who buried a one-timer to score on Stars goalie Kari Lehtonen that’s pretty unbelievable.
Except it actually did occur. During the game’s first period, Detroit broke through first with Bertuzzi parked in front of the net. The puck came to him in front after a Nick Lidstrom shot was blocked and while Stars defenseman Karlis Skrastins overreacted to get to Bertuzzi in front, Bertuzzi blindly passed off to Hudler who was wide open to beat a now helpless Lehtonen.
Feast your eyes on this beauty by a pair of unlikely sources.
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 1
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55