Dec 30, 2010, 10:55 AM EDT
The goal of the day is like a car crash of player names that all lead into everyone saying, “Huh?!” No disrespect intended to Jiri Hudler and Todd Bertuzzi of the Detroit Red Wings here, but when you tell people that Bertuzzi had a crazy no-look pass to feed a wide open Hudler who buried a one-timer to score on Stars goalie Kari Lehtonen that’s pretty unbelievable.
Except it actually did occur. During the game’s first period, Detroit broke through first with Bertuzzi parked in front of the net. The puck came to him in front after a Nick Lidstrom shot was blocked and while Stars defenseman Karlis Skrastins overreacted to get to Bertuzzi in front, Bertuzzi blindly passed off to Hudler who was wide open to beat a now helpless Lehtonen.
Feast your eyes on this beauty by a pair of unlikely sources.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)