Dec 30, 2010, 10:55 AM EST
The goal of the day is like a car crash of player names that all lead into everyone saying, “Huh?!” No disrespect intended to Jiri Hudler and Todd Bertuzzi of the Detroit Red Wings here, but when you tell people that Bertuzzi had a crazy no-look pass to feed a wide open Hudler who buried a one-timer to score on Stars goalie Kari Lehtonen that’s pretty unbelievable.
Except it actually did occur. During the game’s first period, Detroit broke through first with Bertuzzi parked in front of the net. The puck came to him in front after a Nick Lidstrom shot was blocked and while Stars defenseman Karlis Skrastins overreacted to get to Bertuzzi in front, Bertuzzi blindly passed off to Hudler who was wide open to beat a now helpless Lehtonen.
Feast your eyes on this beauty by a pair of unlikely sources.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 43
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 66
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 20
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 14
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 73
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (73)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)