Dec 30, 2010, 10:55 AM EDT
The goal of the day is like a car crash of player names that all lead into everyone saying, “Huh?!” No disrespect intended to Jiri Hudler and Todd Bertuzzi of the Detroit Red Wings here, but when you tell people that Bertuzzi had a crazy no-look pass to feed a wide open Hudler who buried a one-timer to score on Stars goalie Kari Lehtonen that’s pretty unbelievable.
Except it actually did occur. During the game’s first period, Detroit broke through first with Bertuzzi parked in front of the net. The puck came to him in front after a Nick Lidstrom shot was blocked and while Stars defenseman Karlis Skrastins overreacted to get to Bertuzzi in front, Bertuzzi blindly passed off to Hudler who was wide open to beat a now helpless Lehtonen.
Feast your eyes on this beauty by a pair of unlikely sources.
- All eyes on Lundqvist 8
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 9
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 27
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)