Dec 30, 2010, 10:55 AM EDT
The goal of the day is like a car crash of player names that all lead into everyone saying, “Huh?!” No disrespect intended to Jiri Hudler and Todd Bertuzzi of the Detroit Red Wings here, but when you tell people that Bertuzzi had a crazy no-look pass to feed a wide open Hudler who buried a one-timer to score on Stars goalie Kari Lehtonen that’s pretty unbelievable.
Except it actually did occur. During the game’s first period, Detroit broke through first with Bertuzzi parked in front of the net. The puck came to him in front after a Nick Lidstrom shot was blocked and while Stars defenseman Karlis Skrastins overreacted to get to Bertuzzi in front, Bertuzzi blindly passed off to Hudler who was wide open to beat a now helpless Lehtonen.
Feast your eyes on this beauty by a pair of unlikely sources.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 0
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 20
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22