Dec 29, 2010, 1:55 PM EDT
While the most recent update was filed by David Pollak Tuesday afternoon (so it’s unclear if anything changed since then), it sounds like the San Jose Sharks will be without valuable second line center Joe Pavelski and possibly Dany Heatley during tonight’s game against the Minnesota Wild.
Pavelski is dealing with a “lower body injury” and is almost certainly going to miss the contest after it was doubtful that he would even make the plane ride to Minnesota. Heatley might have a better chance of making an appearance, as Pollak writes that he made the trip and is dealing with flu-like symptoms, something that he is more likely to fight through than an injury.
Either way, you might want to make alternate plans if Pavelski or Heatley are on your fantasy hockey team’s roster. Then again, Heatley might be worth the risk considering how often he produces when he makes it onto the ice.
- Flames sign Devin Setoguchi 3
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 12
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33