Dec 29, 2010, 1:55 PM EST
While the most recent update was filed by David Pollak Tuesday afternoon (so it’s unclear if anything changed since then), it sounds like the San Jose Sharks will be without valuable second line center Joe Pavelski and possibly Dany Heatley during tonight’s game against the Minnesota Wild.
Pavelski is dealing with a “lower body injury” and is almost certainly going to miss the contest after it was doubtful that he would even make the plane ride to Minnesota. Heatley might have a better chance of making an appearance, as Pollak writes that he made the trip and is dealing with flu-like symptoms, something that he is more likely to fight through than an injury.
Either way, you might want to make alternate plans if Pavelski or Heatley are on your fantasy hockey team’s roster. Then again, Heatley might be worth the risk considering how often he produces when he makes it onto the ice.
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 1
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 27
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 18
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 44
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15