Dec 29, 2010, 1:55 PM EST
While the most recent update was filed by David Pollak Tuesday afternoon (so it’s unclear if anything changed since then), it sounds like the San Jose Sharks will be without valuable second line center Joe Pavelski and possibly Dany Heatley during tonight’s game against the Minnesota Wild.
Pavelski is dealing with a “lower body injury” and is almost certainly going to miss the contest after it was doubtful that he would even make the plane ride to Minnesota. Heatley might have a better chance of making an appearance, as Pollak writes that he made the trip and is dealing with flu-like symptoms, something that he is more likely to fight through than an injury.
Either way, you might want to make alternate plans if Pavelski or Heatley are on your fantasy hockey team’s roster. Then again, Heatley might be worth the risk considering how often he produces when he makes it onto the ice.
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 64
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 37
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (65)