Dec 29, 2010, 1:55 PM EDT
While the most recent update was filed by David Pollak Tuesday afternoon (so it’s unclear if anything changed since then), it sounds like the San Jose Sharks will be without valuable second line center Joe Pavelski and possibly Dany Heatley during tonight’s game against the Minnesota Wild.
Pavelski is dealing with a “lower body injury” and is almost certainly going to miss the contest after it was doubtful that he would even make the plane ride to Minnesota. Heatley might have a better chance of making an appearance, as Pollak writes that he made the trip and is dealing with flu-like symptoms, something that he is more likely to fight through than an injury.
Either way, you might want to make alternate plans if Pavelski or Heatley are on your fantasy hockey team’s roster. Then again, Heatley might be worth the risk considering how often he produces when he makes it onto the ice.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)