Dec 29, 2010, 1:55 PM EDT
While the most recent update was filed by David Pollak Tuesday afternoon (so it’s unclear if anything changed since then), it sounds like the San Jose Sharks will be without valuable second line center Joe Pavelski and possibly Dany Heatley during tonight’s game against the Minnesota Wild.
Pavelski is dealing with a “lower body injury” and is almost certainly going to miss the contest after it was doubtful that he would even make the plane ride to Minnesota. Heatley might have a better chance of making an appearance, as Pollak writes that he made the trip and is dealing with flu-like symptoms, something that he is more likely to fight through than an injury.
Either way, you might want to make alternate plans if Pavelski or Heatley are on your fantasy hockey team’s roster. Then again, Heatley might be worth the risk considering how often he produces when he makes it onto the ice.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 9
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 30
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Stayin’ Alive: Canucks stage comeback of their own, send series back to Calgary 5
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 76
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 3
- Report: Chiarelli to join Oilers’ front office 31
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)