Dec 29, 2010, 1:08 PM EST
When we passed along word that the St. Louis Blues signed Marek Svatos yesterday, we made sure to note that he would probably need to clear waivers before he became a member of that team. That disclaimer proved to to be a wise asterisk to note, as the Nashville Predators snatched Svatos from St. Louis before he could clear waivers, according to Darren Pang.
As noted in that previous post, Svatos isn’t an elite scorer but should give the Predators (just like he would have given the Blues) a nice asset for the power play and other goal scoring situations. It looks like his deal will be worth $800K for one season, according to Travis Hughes of SB Nation.
Again, this isn’t likely to be a move that will shift the balance of power in the Western Conference, but it’s a solid low-risk medium-reward kind of deal. The fact that the Predators also enjoyed the thrill of sticking it to their Central Division rivals probably didn’t hurt, either.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 28
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 14
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 89
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 4
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 7
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 11
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (94)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)