Dec 29, 2010, 12:35 AM EST
Just when the Chicago Blackhawks looked like they were going to get closer to full strength with the return of Patrick Kane, they saw their captain Jonathan Toews go down with what appeared to be a shoulder injury.
Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville didn’t provide much information about the severity of his “upper body injury.” He only remarked that he “hoped it wasn’t serious” during the team’s post-game press conference.
The good news for Kane was that he played a robust 19:45 in the game, but a -2 rating indicates that he might not be up to full speed just yet.
It was a tough night all around for Chicago, as they lost to the suddenly hot St. Louis Blues 3-1 on the strength of a 25-save performance by backup goalie Ty Conklin. The Hawks also wasted a great performance by Marty Turco, who stopped 40 out of 43 shots.
Again, it’s unclear how severe the shoulder injury might be. Knowing the way things are going this season for the Blackhawks, it wouldn’t be surprising if he missed some serious time. We’ll let you know once we find out more.
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 2
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 20
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 29
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 6
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)