Dec 29, 2010, 12:35 AM EDT
Just when the Chicago Blackhawks looked like they were going to get closer to full strength with the return of Patrick Kane, they saw their captain Jonathan Toews go down with what appeared to be a shoulder injury.
Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville didn’t provide much information about the severity of his “upper body injury.” He only remarked that he “hoped it wasn’t serious” during the team’s post-game press conference.
The good news for Kane was that he played a robust 19:45 in the game, but a -2 rating indicates that he might not be up to full speed just yet.
It was a tough night all around for Chicago, as they lost to the suddenly hot St. Louis Blues 3-1 on the strength of a 25-save performance by backup goalie Ty Conklin. The Hawks also wasted a great performance by Marty Turco, who stopped 40 out of 43 shots.
Again, it’s unclear how severe the shoulder injury might be. Knowing the way things are going this season for the Blackhawks, it wouldn’t be surprising if he missed some serious time. We’ll let you know once we find out more.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)