Dec 29, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
There were nine games last night, so it’s not a shocker that there were a handful of great goals to choose from for Tuesday’s award.
Sidney Crosby had a great two-goal, two assist performance highlighted by a goal in which he split two Atlanta Thrashers defensemen and beat a helpless Ondrej Pavelec. Alexandre Burrows showed a magnificent bit of patience against the Philadelphia Flyers when he set up a beauty of a goal. Vincent Lecavalier took a page from NHL ’94 to score his seventh tally of the season via a nice wraparound move.
Ultimately, I had to go with little-known Washington Capitals forward Jay Beagle‘s turnaround top shelf tally as the December 28th goal of the night. He might not match the star power of Crosby or Lecavalier, but he made up for his relative anonymity (outside of the hardcore hockey community, naturally) by coming up with a nice move.
He probably wouldn’t have guessed that it would stand up as the game winner, but Semyon Varlamov stopped every Montreal Canadiens shot on a way to that 3-0 victory. Check out Beagle’s goal in the video above.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (40)