Dec 29, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
No one really likes a tie, although look at the bright side with this one: it means that you get to watch two awesome goal videos instead of just one. I would call that a great value, except that you aren’t paying to see anything either way.
Unfortunately (or some might argue, fortunately), an online voting poll cannot go to a shootout to break a tie. So instead we’ll just hand out two imaginary awards instead of one.
(If this was professional wrestling, then there would be two Intercontinental champions. Eventually Razor Ramon [Derek Stepan?] and Shawn Michaels [Andrew Gordon?] would resort to a ladder match to decide who was the true winner. Sadly, this is not the case.)
Anyway, Stepan and Gordon both earned 11 out of the poll’s 33 votes, as you can see from the results below.
OK, now get to the comments and decide who should have really one last week’s award after you watch video of each tally.
First, here is Gordon’s goal for alphabetical order reasons.
Next, here is Stepan’s goal.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)