Dec 29, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
No one really likes a tie, although look at the bright side with this one: it means that you get to watch two awesome goal videos instead of just one. I would call that a great value, except that you aren’t paying to see anything either way.
Unfortunately (or some might argue, fortunately), an online voting poll cannot go to a shootout to break a tie. So instead we’ll just hand out two imaginary awards instead of one.
(If this was professional wrestling, then there would be two Intercontinental champions. Eventually Razor Ramon [Derek Stepan?] and Shawn Michaels [Andrew Gordon?] would resort to a ladder match to decide who was the true winner. Sadly, this is not the case.)
Anyway, Stepan and Gordon both earned 11 out of the poll’s 33 votes, as you can see from the results below.
OK, now get to the comments and decide who should have really one last week’s award after you watch video of each tally.
First, here is Gordon’s goal for alphabetical order reasons.
Next, here is Stepan’s goal.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)