Dec 29, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
No one really likes a tie, although look at the bright side with this one: it means that you get to watch two awesome goal videos instead of just one. I would call that a great value, except that you aren’t paying to see anything either way.
Unfortunately (or some might argue, fortunately), an online voting poll cannot go to a shootout to break a tie. So instead we’ll just hand out two imaginary awards instead of one.
(If this was professional wrestling, then there would be two Intercontinental champions. Eventually Razor Ramon [Derek Stepan?] and Shawn Michaels [Andrew Gordon?] would resort to a ladder match to decide who was the true winner. Sadly, this is not the case.)
Anyway, Stepan and Gordon both earned 11 out of the poll’s 33 votes, as you can see from the results below.
OK, now get to the comments and decide who should have really one last week’s award after you watch video of each tally.
First, here is Gordon’s goal for alphabetical order reasons.
Next, here is Stepan’s goal.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12