Dec 28, 2010, 11:00 AM EST
Considering the fact that Chris Osgood earned his 400th career win last night, the chances of him earning the save of the night award for sentimental reasons. There was the worry that someone else would come off with a save so amazing that they’d barge their way into the award.
Well, Osgood bailed us out by making a handful of great stops against the Colorado Avalanche (not to mention 46 overall and a startling 23 in the second period). It’s kind of nice when things work out that way, isn’t it?
So the Detroit Red Wings goalie probably would have earned the award even without that milestone-breaking context, although yet another circus save from Tim Thomas might have beaten him out. (Watch that one here.)
Still, Thomas is as accustomed to winning save of the night awards as George Clooney is familiar with seeing pretty women naked, so Osgood takes the cake. In fact, as a bonus, we’ll throw in Niklas Kronwall’s (400th) game winning goal too.
First, Osgood’s saves:
OK, now here’s Kronwall’s goal and Osgood’s victory celebration. We’ll spare you his incredibly bland interview, though.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 2
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 16
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (81)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)