Dec 28, 2010, 7:45 PM EDT
There is still time to vote for the best goal of December 20-26th. Click here to cast your vote.
Marc-Andre Fleury sure knows how to dominate polls as of late.
In case you haven’t heard, Fleury took a small lead over Carey Price in the fan voting for the All-Star Game’s starting six with one week left for people to cast their ballots.
That’s probably the most important popularity contest to Fleury, but he’s also been a fan favorite in our save of the week polls. Up to this point he won the poll for December 6-12th as well as November 22-28th and now he can add a third award to his imaginary awards mantle.
It’s been an odd tradition that many goalies have earned two save of the week nominees and Fleury accomplished that as well from December 20-26th. His first save earned the win for him this week, but as you can see from the poll results, it was pretty close between his two replays.
Now, since the two choices were so close and Fleury produced both of the top nominees, I thought I’d share both videos.
First, here is the (narrow) award winner, from the Penguins’ game against the Capitals.
And for comparison’s (and entertainment’s) sake, here is Fleury’s set of saves against Nick Foligno of the Ottawa Senators.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)