Dec 28, 2010, 7:45 PM EDT
There is still time to vote for the best goal of December 20-26th. Click here to cast your vote.
Marc-Andre Fleury sure knows how to dominate polls as of late.
In case you haven’t heard, Fleury took a small lead over Carey Price in the fan voting for the All-Star Game’s starting six with one week left for people to cast their ballots.
That’s probably the most important popularity contest to Fleury, but he’s also been a fan favorite in our save of the week polls. Up to this point he won the poll for December 6-12th as well as November 22-28th and now he can add a third award to his imaginary awards mantle.
It’s been an odd tradition that many goalies have earned two save of the week nominees and Fleury accomplished that as well from December 20-26th. His first save earned the win for him this week, but as you can see from the poll results, it was pretty close between his two replays.
Now, since the two choices were so close and Fleury produced both of the top nominees, I thought I’d share both videos.
First, here is the (narrow) award winner, from the Penguins’ game against the Capitals.
And for comparison’s (and entertainment’s) sake, here is Fleury’s set of saves against Nick Foligno of the Ottawa Senators.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 3
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 15
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 6
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39