Dec 28, 2010, 7:45 PM EDT
There is still time to vote for the best goal of December 20-26th. Click here to cast your vote.
Marc-Andre Fleury sure knows how to dominate polls as of late.
In case you haven’t heard, Fleury took a small lead over Carey Price in the fan voting for the All-Star Game’s starting six with one week left for people to cast their ballots.
That’s probably the most important popularity contest to Fleury, but he’s also been a fan favorite in our save of the week polls. Up to this point he won the poll for December 6-12th as well as November 22-28th and now he can add a third award to his imaginary awards mantle.
It’s been an odd tradition that many goalies have earned two save of the week nominees and Fleury accomplished that as well from December 20-26th. His first save earned the win for him this week, but as you can see from the poll results, it was pretty close between his two replays.
Now, since the two choices were so close and Fleury produced both of the top nominees, I thought I’d share both videos.
First, here is the (narrow) award winner, from the Penguins’ game against the Capitals.
And for comparison’s (and entertainment’s) sake, here is Fleury’s set of saves against Nick Foligno of the Ottawa Senators.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5