Dec 28, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
When you become hopelessly obsessed with hockey, the “little things” start to really rock your world.
One of those “little things” happens to be expert outlet passes, particularly when they lead to a goal. (After all, many of the best ones rarely make their way into highlight packages unless they end up affecting the scoreboard or are thwarted by an astounding save.)
For example: I recently spotlighted a great piece of work by Brian Rafalski, even though Danny Cleary earned the goal and Todd Bertuzzi ended up with the primary assist.
Anze Kopitar didn’t send a long distance pass, but rather put forth his own little flash of brilliance. As the Kings’ announcers noted, Kopitar sent a saucer pass that lofted into the air much like an NFL quarterback would lead a receiver with an area pass. While Kopitar made the clip brilliant, Dustin Brown did a great job of deking around Antti Niemi to finish the play. Check out the great goal in the video below.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 0
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 23
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 17
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)