Dec 27, 2010, 10:15 AM EST
Nick Foligno is going to see Marc-Andre Fleury in his nightmares after last night’s game. Sure, the Senators knocked off the Penguins 3-1 but Foligno had a breakaway chance on Fleury that saw him get hooked while shooting leading to the referee to award Foligno a penalty shot. Of course, Foligno nearly scored on his attempt only to see it swept back across the goal line by Fleury and Brooks Orpik. The play was reviewed to see if the puck went all the way across the line but it didn’t.
Foligno got a second chance at glory with the penalty shot but on his approach and shoulder-fake, Fleury wasn’t buying any of it and when Foligno went to the backhand, Fleury followed suit with a tremendous glove save to rob him again of what looked to be an easy score. There’s so much video goodness here it’s worthy of being two saves of the night.
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 1
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 0
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 43
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31