Dec 27, 2010, 10:15 AM EST
Nick Foligno is going to see Marc-Andre Fleury in his nightmares after last night’s game. Sure, the Senators knocked off the Penguins 3-1 but Foligno had a breakaway chance on Fleury that saw him get hooked while shooting leading to the referee to award Foligno a penalty shot. Of course, Foligno nearly scored on his attempt only to see it swept back across the goal line by Fleury and Brooks Orpik. The play was reviewed to see if the puck went all the way across the line but it didn’t.
Foligno got a second chance at glory with the penalty shot but on his approach and shoulder-fake, Fleury wasn’t buying any of it and when Foligno went to the backhand, Fleury followed suit with a tremendous glove save to rob him again of what looked to be an easy score. There’s so much video goodness here it’s worthy of being two saves of the night.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 9
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 40
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 35
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32