Dec 27, 2010, 10:15 AM EST
Nick Foligno is going to see Marc-Andre Fleury in his nightmares after last night’s game. Sure, the Senators knocked off the Penguins 3-1 but Foligno had a breakaway chance on Fleury that saw him get hooked while shooting leading to the referee to award Foligno a penalty shot. Of course, Foligno nearly scored on his attempt only to see it swept back across the goal line by Fleury and Brooks Orpik. The play was reviewed to see if the puck went all the way across the line but it didn’t.
Foligno got a second chance at glory with the penalty shot but on his approach and shoulder-fake, Fleury wasn’t buying any of it and when Foligno went to the backhand, Fleury followed suit with a tremendous glove save to rob him again of what looked to be an easy score. There’s so much video goodness here it’s worthy of being two saves of the night.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35