Dec 27, 2010, 3:56 PM EDT
Last night the Blackhawks welcomed back Marian Hossa to the lineup and saw him notch two assists in a 4-1 win over Columbus. Tomorrow night, the Hawks are hoping that Patrick Kane can do something similar against the Blues when he looks to make his return to the ice. Kane’s been skating with the team of late and today coach Joel Quenneville said that it’s looking like tomorrow will be the day Kane rejoins the team on the ice.
Kane has been out of the lineup of late after suffering what, at the time, appeared to be a scary leg injury after going awkwardly into the boards. For Chicago, getting Kane back in the lineup gets their lineup back to virtual full power. Chicago’s done just fine of late without Hossa, Kane, and Viktor Stalberg as goalie Corey Crawford has been playing out of his mind and shutting opponents down.
Adding that kind of offense to go along with Crawford’s hot goaltending means that anyone writing off the Blackhawks in the West may have been doing so prematurely.
- Subban, Habs can’t agree to terms before arbitration hearing 16
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 19
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 63
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 8
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 31
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)