Dec 27, 2010, 9:15 AM EDT
On a night filled with mostly uneventful games, Vancouver and Edmonton managed to make a thriller happen. The Oilers jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the second period before giving up a goal late in the second to Jeff Tambellini. The Canucks would ride that momentum into the third when Mikael Samuelsson would tie it up.
As time wound down in the third the Canucks would pressure the Oilers in their own end swarming Nikolai Khabibulin and the Oilers defense. As the seconds ticked down the puck would end up out high on the point when Kevin Bieksa would let a shot fly that found its way past Khabibulin and into the net for the game winner with under 30 seconds to play in the third. It gets our goal of the night award for both its timeliness and for the effort the Canucks put into keeping pressure on the Oilers.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17