Dec 26, 2010, 1:56 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks will see some lineup shuffling for tonight’s game against the Columbus Blue Jackets – and for the most part – the news is good. (The source for such mixed news is Tim Sassone of the Chicago Daily Herald.)
Good news: Marian Hossa and Viktor Stalberg are expected to play for the Blackhawks in tonight’s game. Hossa missed Chicago’s last 10 games with what many thought (but the Blackhawks did not confirm) was a knee injury. He told Sassone that the Christmas break helped him heal a bit more.
Bad news: Red-hot goalie Corey Crawford won’t play in the game because he’s battling flu-like symptoms right now. That means that beleaguered would-be starter Marty Turco will take the reins for the first time since December 13th. Former Boston Bruins goalie Hannu Toivonen was reportedly called up to serve as Turco’s backup.
Patrick Kane update: He won’t play in tonight’s game, but did skate today. Sassone reports that Kane hopes to play through an entire practice on Monday before deciding whether or not he can play in Saturday’s game in St. Louis. He’s missed eight games so far with the injury.
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 1
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 16
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)