Dec 26, 2010, 1:56 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks will see some lineup shuffling for tonight’s game against the Columbus Blue Jackets – and for the most part – the news is good. (The source for such mixed news is Tim Sassone of the Chicago Daily Herald.)
Good news: Marian Hossa and Viktor Stalberg are expected to play for the Blackhawks in tonight’s game. Hossa missed Chicago’s last 10 games with what many thought (but the Blackhawks did not confirm) was a knee injury. He told Sassone that the Christmas break helped him heal a bit more.
Bad news: Red-hot goalie Corey Crawford won’t play in the game because he’s battling flu-like symptoms right now. That means that beleaguered would-be starter Marty Turco will take the reins for the first time since December 13th. Former Boston Bruins goalie Hannu Toivonen was reportedly called up to serve as Turco’s backup.
Patrick Kane update: He won’t play in tonight’s game, but did skate today. Sassone reports that Kane hopes to play through an entire practice on Monday before deciding whether or not he can play in Saturday’s game in St. Louis. He’s missed eight games so far with the injury.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)