Dec 26, 2010, 1:56 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks will see some lineup shuffling for tonight’s game against the Columbus Blue Jackets – and for the most part – the news is good. (The source for such mixed news is Tim Sassone of the Chicago Daily Herald.)
Good news: Marian Hossa and Viktor Stalberg are expected to play for the Blackhawks in tonight’s game. Hossa missed Chicago’s last 10 games with what many thought (but the Blackhawks did not confirm) was a knee injury. He told Sassone that the Christmas break helped him heal a bit more.
Bad news: Red-hot goalie Corey Crawford won’t play in the game because he’s battling flu-like symptoms right now. That means that beleaguered would-be starter Marty Turco will take the reins for the first time since December 13th. Former Boston Bruins goalie Hannu Toivonen was reportedly called up to serve as Turco’s backup.
Patrick Kane update: He won’t play in tonight’s game, but did skate today. Sassone reports that Kane hopes to play through an entire practice on Monday before deciding whether or not he can play in Saturday’s game in St. Louis. He’s missed eight games so far with the injury.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (73)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)