Dec 24, 2010, 8:00 AM EDT
To read about the much-hyped (and justifiably so) game between the Penguins and Capitals, click here. Check out this post to read Scott Arniel’s angry comments regarding the Blue Jackets’ 7-3 loss to the Vancouver Canucks. Finally, here is the early edition of Riding the Zamboni.
OK, let’s look at the two late games.
Ray Whitney scored a power-play goal for the Coyotes and then made way for the Sharks’ considerable star power (and PP prowess) as San Jose rattled off four unanswered goals, three of which came on the man advantage.
You cannot really blame Jason LaBarbera (35 out of 39 saves) who couldn’t be Antti Niemi (24 out of 25) and the Sharks tonight. San Jose is on a four game winning streak, but still find themselves three points behind the Pacific Division-leading Dallas Stars right now.
Much like their California rivals from San Jose, the Kings are now on a 7-2-1 streak in their last 10 games after winning a shootout game against the Oilers.
Jonathan Quick’s been playing well lately, earning two shutouts on a five-game road trip and made 27 saves in tonight’s win against Edmonton. Devan Dubnyk had an identical statistical night in regulation (27 out of 29 shots stopped), but Jarret Stoll bested him during the shootout to win the game for the Kings.
Edmonton’s last place spot in the West was cemented while the Kings passed the Ducks for third place in the Pacific despite playing in five less games.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (44)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)