Dec 24, 2010, 8:00 AM EDT
To read about the much-hyped (and justifiably so) game between the Penguins and Capitals, click here. Check out this post to read Scott Arniel’s angry comments regarding the Blue Jackets’ 7-3 loss to the Vancouver Canucks. Finally, here is the early edition of Riding the Zamboni.
OK, let’s look at the two late games.
Ray Whitney scored a power-play goal for the Coyotes and then made way for the Sharks’ considerable star power (and PP prowess) as San Jose rattled off four unanswered goals, three of which came on the man advantage.
You cannot really blame Jason LaBarbera (35 out of 39 saves) who couldn’t be Antti Niemi (24 out of 25) and the Sharks tonight. San Jose is on a four game winning streak, but still find themselves three points behind the Pacific Division-leading Dallas Stars right now.
Much like their California rivals from San Jose, the Kings are now on a 7-2-1 streak in their last 10 games after winning a shootout game against the Oilers.
Jonathan Quick’s been playing well lately, earning two shutouts on a five-game road trip and made 27 saves in tonight’s win against Edmonton. Devan Dubnyk had an identical statistical night in regulation (27 out of 29 shots stopped), but Jarret Stoll bested him during the shootout to win the game for the Kings.
Edmonton’s last place spot in the West was cemented while the Kings passed the Ducks for third place in the Pacific despite playing in five less games.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (36)