Dec 24, 2010, 8:00 AM EDT
To read about the much-hyped (and justifiably so) game between the Penguins and Capitals, click here. Check out this post to read Scott Arniel’s angry comments regarding the Blue Jackets’ 7-3 loss to the Vancouver Canucks. Finally, here is the early edition of Riding the Zamboni.
OK, let’s look at the two late games.
Ray Whitney scored a power-play goal for the Coyotes and then made way for the Sharks’ considerable star power (and PP prowess) as San Jose rattled off four unanswered goals, three of which came on the man advantage.
You cannot really blame Jason LaBarbera (35 out of 39 saves) who couldn’t be Antti Niemi (24 out of 25) and the Sharks tonight. San Jose is on a four game winning streak, but still find themselves three points behind the Pacific Division-leading Dallas Stars right now.
Much like their California rivals from San Jose, the Kings are now on a 7-2-1 streak in their last 10 games after winning a shootout game against the Oilers.
Jonathan Quick’s been playing well lately, earning two shutouts on a five-game road trip and made 27 saves in tonight’s win against Edmonton. Devan Dubnyk had an identical statistical night in regulation (27 out of 29 shots stopped), but Jarret Stoll bested him during the shootout to win the game for the Kings.
Edmonton’s last place spot in the West was cemented while the Kings passed the Ducks for third place in the Pacific despite playing in five less games.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)