Dec 24, 2010, 8:00 AM EST
To read about the much-hyped (and justifiably so) game between the Penguins and Capitals, click here. Check out this post to read Scott Arniel’s angry comments regarding the Blue Jackets’ 7-3 loss to the Vancouver Canucks. Finally, here is the early edition of Riding the Zamboni.
OK, let’s look at the two late games.
Ray Whitney scored a power-play goal for the Coyotes and then made way for the Sharks’ considerable star power (and PP prowess) as San Jose rattled off four unanswered goals, three of which came on the man advantage.
You cannot really blame Jason LaBarbera (35 out of 39 saves) who couldn’t be Antti Niemi (24 out of 25) and the Sharks tonight. San Jose is on a four game winning streak, but still find themselves three points behind the Pacific Division-leading Dallas Stars right now.
Much like their California rivals from San Jose, the Kings are now on a 7-2-1 streak in their last 10 games after winning a shootout game against the Oilers.
Jonathan Quick’s been playing well lately, earning two shutouts on a five-game road trip and made 27 saves in tonight’s win against Edmonton. Devan Dubnyk had an identical statistical night in regulation (27 out of 29 shots stopped), but Jarret Stoll bested him during the shootout to win the game for the Kings.
Edmonton’s last place spot in the West was cemented while the Kings passed the Ducks for third place in the Pacific despite playing in five less games.
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 35
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 7
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 40
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (56)