Dec 24, 2010, 2:54 AM EDT
Terrible news out of Colorado tonight: Elizabeth Turgeon, the 18-year-old daughter of former NHL player Pierre Turgeon, was killed in car crash that also left her passenger in critical condition, according to ABC 7 Denver as well as the Denver Post.
Elizabeth Turgeon was a member of the 2008 U.S. Women’s Under-18 team that won a gold medal and was signed to play for the University of Minnesota’s women’s team going forward.
ABC 7 shares the sad details of the accident that caused the death of Turgeon and injuries to her friend.
Investigators said Elizabeth Turgeon was driving a pickup truck that crashed into the trailer of a semi-truck at the intersection of U.S. Highway 54 and U.S. Highway 60 just after midnight.
Turgeon was pronounced dead at the scene while 18-year-old Brittany Kraemer of El Paso was transported to University of New Mexico Hospital with life-threatening injuries.
Police said dense fog is listed as a contributing factor in the crash as well as Turgeon’s failure to stop at the intersection.
Our hearts to go out to the Turgeon family as they deal with an awful situation.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 40
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)