Dec 24, 2010, 2:54 AM EDT
Terrible news out of Colorado tonight: Elizabeth Turgeon, the 18-year-old daughter of former NHL player Pierre Turgeon, was killed in car crash that also left her passenger in critical condition, according to ABC 7 Denver as well as the Denver Post.
Elizabeth Turgeon was a member of the 2008 U.S. Women’s Under-18 team that won a gold medal and was signed to play for the University of Minnesota’s women’s team going forward.
ABC 7 shares the sad details of the accident that caused the death of Turgeon and injuries to her friend.
Investigators said Elizabeth Turgeon was driving a pickup truck that crashed into the trailer of a semi-truck at the intersection of U.S. Highway 54 and U.S. Highway 60 just after midnight.
Turgeon was pronounced dead at the scene while 18-year-old Brittany Kraemer of El Paso was transported to University of New Mexico Hospital with life-threatening injuries.
Police said dense fog is listed as a contributing factor in the crash as well as Turgeon’s failure to stop at the intersection.
Our hearts to go out to the Turgeon family as they deal with an awful situation.
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)