Dec 24, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
Last night’s 13 games were chock full of drama and great plays, even if the Pittsburgh Penguins-Washington Capitals contest garnered the biggest chunk of the attention. (It also had it’s fair share of moments, including a gorgeous Alex Ovechkin shootout goal and another highlight that we’ll get to later this morning.)
But that doesn’t mean the other 12 games were clunkers, either. One game left Columbus Blue Jackets coach Scott Arniel so angry, he compared his team to “pee wees.” Another featured a fight that left Jarome Iginla bruised and battered but the Calgary Flames with a shootout win.
Derek Stepan and the New York Rangers fell to the Tampa Bay Lightning in a shootout last night, but they still enjoyed some nice moments (take, for instance, Martin Biron instructing Erik Christensen on his shootout attempt). Stepan showed great hands and maybe even better patience on this play, as he bamboozled Dan Ellis on the December 23rd goal of the night.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5