Dec 24, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
Last night’s 13 games were chock full of drama and great plays, even if the Pittsburgh Penguins-Washington Capitals contest garnered the biggest chunk of the attention. (It also had it’s fair share of moments, including a gorgeous Alex Ovechkin shootout goal and another highlight that we’ll get to later this morning.)
But that doesn’t mean the other 12 games were clunkers, either. One game left Columbus Blue Jackets coach Scott Arniel so angry, he compared his team to “pee wees.” Another featured a fight that left Jarome Iginla bruised and battered but the Calgary Flames with a shootout win.
Derek Stepan and the New York Rangers fell to the Tampa Bay Lightning in a shootout last night, but they still enjoyed some nice moments (take, for instance, Martin Biron instructing Erik Christensen on his shootout attempt). Stepan showed great hands and maybe even better patience on this play, as he bamboozled Dan Ellis on the December 23rd goal of the night.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 0
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 6
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 11
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 29
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5