Dec 24, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
Last night’s 13 games were chock full of drama and great plays, even if the Pittsburgh Penguins-Washington Capitals contest garnered the biggest chunk of the attention. (It also had it’s fair share of moments, including a gorgeous Alex Ovechkin shootout goal and another highlight that we’ll get to later this morning.)
But that doesn’t mean the other 12 games were clunkers, either. One game left Columbus Blue Jackets coach Scott Arniel so angry, he compared his team to “pee wees.” Another featured a fight that left Jarome Iginla bruised and battered but the Calgary Flames with a shootout win.
Derek Stepan and the New York Rangers fell to the Tampa Bay Lightning in a shootout last night, but they still enjoyed some nice moments (take, for instance, Martin Biron instructing Erik Christensen on his shootout attempt). Stepan showed great hands and maybe even better patience on this play, as he bamboozled Dan Ellis on the December 23rd goal of the night.
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 28
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 91
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 47
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 76
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 63