Dec 24, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
Last night’s 13 games were chock full of drama and great plays, even if the Pittsburgh Penguins-Washington Capitals contest garnered the biggest chunk of the attention. (It also had it’s fair share of moments, including a gorgeous Alex Ovechkin shootout goal and another highlight that we’ll get to later this morning.)
But that doesn’t mean the other 12 games were clunkers, either. One game left Columbus Blue Jackets coach Scott Arniel so angry, he compared his team to “pee wees.” Another featured a fight that left Jarome Iginla bruised and battered but the Calgary Flames with a shootout win.
Derek Stepan and the New York Rangers fell to the Tampa Bay Lightning in a shootout last night, but they still enjoyed some nice moments (take, for instance, Martin Biron instructing Erik Christensen on his shootout attempt). Stepan showed great hands and maybe even better patience on this play, as he bamboozled Dan Ellis on the December 23rd goal of the night.
- Steen, Blues hold on against Ovechkin, Capitals 4
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 15
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 4
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 24
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 17
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 29