Dec 23, 2010, 12:44 AM EST
For a recap of the Pittsburgh Penguins’ 5-2 win against the Florida Panthers, click here. Read this post to find out about Pavel Datsyuk‘s broken hand and Henrik Zetterberg‘s great performance against the Vancouver Canucks.
Now let’s take a look at the other two games with these summaries.
The Lightning had a chance to take the Southeast Division lead with a win tonight, but they lost to the sad sack Islanders in overtime and therefore find themselves one point behind the Washington Capitals. John Tavares ended up being the night’s hero, as he scored the game-winner in overtime. Tavares also assisted on the game-tying tally by P.A. Parenteau.
It didn’t look like the Long Island bunch were even going to be in the game after the first period. The Lightning out-shot the Islanders 16-3 in the first period, but Dwayne Roloson kept his team in the game by only allowing a Ryan Malone power-play goal.
That would end up being the last goal produced by that high-powered offense, as Roloson earned his first win since October by making 34 out of 35 saves. Dan Ellis was solid too, making 26 out of 28 saves, but was not good enough to beat the lowly Isles on this night.
How about this for a telling number during the Blackhawks’ three-game winning streak: they’ve only allowed three opportunities in three contests. Sometimes the simplest numbers really do tell you what you need to know.
Jack Skille scored two goals, Dave Bolland had a goal and an assist and Corey Crawford stopped 24 out of 25 shots to help Chicago beat their division rivals from Nashville.
Both Bolland (12 out of 17) and Jonathan Toews (12 out of 20) were outstanding in the faceoff circle, one of those things that pleases a hockey dork such as myself.
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 1
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 0
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 1
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 9
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 11
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 8
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 10
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 10
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)