Dec 23, 2010, 7:00 AM EDT
Here are a few quick injury updates from around the NHL.
- In case you haven’t been following, Carolina Hurricanes goalie Cam Ward has been dealing with some weird infection on his forehead for the last week or so. Who knows how that happened (or if it looked like Matt Hendricks’ gnarly right eye from 24/7 last night), but our pals at Rotoworld passed along a note that indicates he’ll play for his team tonight.
(In case you were wondering, the Canes Now note indicates that the infection swelled up so badly that it almost closed up his left eye. Yikes.)
- The Washington Capitals are gearing up for the Pittsburgh Penguins tonight, but they will do so without forward Matt Bradley. In fact, he almost certainly won’t play in the Winter Classic either, as Katie Carrera of the Washington Post reports that he’ll miss two to four weeks with a broken finger. Carrera writes that this loss will increase the pressure on minor league call-ups from the Hershey Bears including Andrew Gordon, who recently scored his first two NHL points.
- Considering the rough boarding hit delivered by Anaheim Ducks forward Jason Blake, it’s not surprising that Buffalo Sabres pest Patrick Kaleta is dealing with some injury issues. He missed two periods during Tuesday’s game, but practiced on Wednesday and is considered day-to-day. While he might be out for a while, this seems like good news for Kaleta.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (38)