Dec 23, 2010, 11:15 PM EDT
(Update via the Associated Press: Sabres coach Lindy Ruff didn’t name the specific injury, but said it looked serious. The AP reports that he left the arena on crutches and will be re-evaluated tomorrow.)
The Buffalo Sabres might be without one of the league’s least appreciated scorers – though it’s unclear if he’ll be sidelined for more than just tonight’s game – after Derek Roy hurt his leg in a game against the Florida Panthers.
Roy left the game about seven minutes into the first period after Panthers defenseman Dmitry Kulikov drilled him into the boards while he was carrying the puck into Florida’s zone.
Again, it’s too early to tell how severe the injury might be, but it would be a huge loss if Roy misses significant time. He’s on a point per game pace this season, scoring 10 goals and 25 assists for 35 points in 35 games during the 2010-11 season.
We’ll pass along an update whenever Buffalo shares more info about his status.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)