Dec 23, 2010, 11:15 PM EDT
(Update via the Associated Press: Sabres coach Lindy Ruff didn’t name the specific injury, but said it looked serious. The AP reports that he left the arena on crutches and will be re-evaluated tomorrow.)
The Buffalo Sabres might be without one of the league’s least appreciated scorers – though it’s unclear if he’ll be sidelined for more than just tonight’s game – after Derek Roy hurt his leg in a game against the Florida Panthers.
Roy left the game about seven minutes into the first period after Panthers defenseman Dmitry Kulikov drilled him into the boards while he was carrying the puck into Florida’s zone.
Again, it’s too early to tell how severe the injury might be, but it would be a huge loss if Roy misses significant time. He’s on a point per game pace this season, scoring 10 goals and 25 assists for 35 points in 35 games during the 2010-11 season.
We’ll pass along an update whenever Buffalo shares more info about his status.
- Once again, Carlyle’s Leafs are searching for answers 3
- Video: Sens, Leafs, Habs combine for beautiful tribute following Ottawa shootings 4
- Sleepy Sharks hit new low in loss to Buffalo 11
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 8
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 34
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (83)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? (37)
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case (36)