Dec 23, 2010, 11:15 PM EDT
(Update via the Associated Press: Sabres coach Lindy Ruff didn’t name the specific injury, but said it looked serious. The AP reports that he left the arena on crutches and will be re-evaluated tomorrow.)
The Buffalo Sabres might be without one of the league’s least appreciated scorers – though it’s unclear if he’ll be sidelined for more than just tonight’s game – after Derek Roy hurt his leg in a game against the Florida Panthers.
Roy left the game about seven minutes into the first period after Panthers defenseman Dmitry Kulikov drilled him into the boards while he was carrying the puck into Florida’s zone.
Again, it’s too early to tell how severe the injury might be, but it would be a huge loss if Roy misses significant time. He’s on a point per game pace this season, scoring 10 goals and 25 assists for 35 points in 35 games during the 2010-11 season.
We’ll pass along an update whenever Buffalo shares more info about his status.
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 7
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 11
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 10
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 40
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 48
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 86
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 39
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 62
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)