Dec 23, 2010, 11:15 PM EDT
(Update via the Associated Press: Sabres coach Lindy Ruff didn’t name the specific injury, but said it looked serious. The AP reports that he left the arena on crutches and will be re-evaluated tomorrow.)
The Buffalo Sabres might be without one of the league’s least appreciated scorers – though it’s unclear if he’ll be sidelined for more than just tonight’s game – after Derek Roy hurt his leg in a game against the Florida Panthers.
Roy left the game about seven minutes into the first period after Panthers defenseman Dmitry Kulikov drilled him into the boards while he was carrying the puck into Florida’s zone.
Again, it’s too early to tell how severe the injury might be, but it would be a huge loss if Roy misses significant time. He’s on a point per game pace this season, scoring 10 goals and 25 assists for 35 points in 35 games during the 2010-11 season.
We’ll pass along an update whenever Buffalo shares more info about his status.
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 0
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 45
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (60)