Dec 23, 2010, 11:15 PM EDT
(Update via the Associated Press: Sabres coach Lindy Ruff didn’t name the specific injury, but said it looked serious. The AP reports that he left the arena on crutches and will be re-evaluated tomorrow.)
The Buffalo Sabres might be without one of the league’s least appreciated scorers – though it’s unclear if he’ll be sidelined for more than just tonight’s game – after Derek Roy hurt his leg in a game against the Florida Panthers.
Roy left the game about seven minutes into the first period after Panthers defenseman Dmitry Kulikov drilled him into the boards while he was carrying the puck into Florida’s zone.
Again, it’s too early to tell how severe the injury might be, but it would be a huge loss if Roy misses significant time. He’s on a point per game pace this season, scoring 10 goals and 25 assists for 35 points in 35 games during the 2010-11 season.
We’ll pass along an update whenever Buffalo shares more info about his status.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 0
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 51
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (52)