Dec 22, 2010, 11:05 AM EDT
The 2011 World Junior Championships are coming up fast and today Team USA named their 22-man roster for the tournament that begins on December 26th. Team USA head coach Keith Allain (who’s also Yale University’s head coach) had some tough decisions to make for what should be an overly talented U.S. squad.
Chicago Blackhawks Jeremy Morin and Nick Leddy highlight the United States team as do a handful of returners from last year’s gold medal-winning squad. Kyle Palmieri of the Ducks, Leafs prospect Jerry D’Amigo (pictured), Stars prospect goalie Jack Campbell, and Rangers prospects Ryan Bourque and Chris Kreider all serve to help the United States try to repeat as the top junior squad in the world.
Guys like Wild prospect Jason Zucker, Ducks prospect Emerson Etem, and Sharks prospect Charlie Coyle figure to be guys that will make their presence felt during the two week long event. University of Michigan and Coyotes prospect Chris Brown will have a sniper-like shot for opponents to be aware of at all times. As for the rest of the team, the full roster can be viewed here.
As always, Team Canada figures to be the biggest challenge but with Canada and the United States being in different groups in the first round, there’s the possibility that the two countries might not face each other until the finals. That might be a little bit of fun.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (97)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)