Dec 22, 2010, 11:05 AM EDT
The 2011 World Junior Championships are coming up fast and today Team USA named their 22-man roster for the tournament that begins on December 26th. Team USA head coach Keith Allain (who’s also Yale University’s head coach) had some tough decisions to make for what should be an overly talented U.S. squad.
Chicago Blackhawks Jeremy Morin and Nick Leddy highlight the United States team as do a handful of returners from last year’s gold medal-winning squad. Kyle Palmieri of the Ducks, Leafs prospect Jerry D’Amigo (pictured), Stars prospect goalie Jack Campbell, and Rangers prospects Ryan Bourque and Chris Kreider all serve to help the United States try to repeat as the top junior squad in the world.
Guys like Wild prospect Jason Zucker, Ducks prospect Emerson Etem, and Sharks prospect Charlie Coyle figure to be guys that will make their presence felt during the two week long event. University of Michigan and Coyotes prospect Chris Brown will have a sniper-like shot for opponents to be aware of at all times. As for the rest of the team, the full roster can be viewed here.
As always, Team Canada figures to be the biggest challenge but with Canada and the United States being in different groups in the first round, there’s the possibility that the two countries might not face each other until the finals. That might be a little bit of fun.
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 36
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 20
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 16
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 22
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 33
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 14
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 126
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 6
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (126)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)