Dec 22, 2010, 11:05 AM EDT
The 2011 World Junior Championships are coming up fast and today Team USA named their 22-man roster for the tournament that begins on December 26th. Team USA head coach Keith Allain (who’s also Yale University’s head coach) had some tough decisions to make for what should be an overly talented U.S. squad.
Chicago Blackhawks Jeremy Morin and Nick Leddy highlight the United States team as do a handful of returners from last year’s gold medal-winning squad. Kyle Palmieri of the Ducks, Leafs prospect Jerry D’Amigo (pictured), Stars prospect goalie Jack Campbell, and Rangers prospects Ryan Bourque and Chris Kreider all serve to help the United States try to repeat as the top junior squad in the world.
Guys like Wild prospect Jason Zucker, Ducks prospect Emerson Etem, and Sharks prospect Charlie Coyle figure to be guys that will make their presence felt during the two week long event. University of Michigan and Coyotes prospect Chris Brown will have a sniper-like shot for opponents to be aware of at all times. As for the rest of the team, the full roster can be viewed here.
As always, Team Canada figures to be the biggest challenge but with Canada and the United States being in different groups in the first round, there’s the possibility that the two countries might not face each other until the finals. That might be a little bit of fun.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 5
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 3
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 30
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)