Dec 22, 2010, 11:05 AM EDT
The 2011 World Junior Championships are coming up fast and today Team USA named their 22-man roster for the tournament that begins on December 26th. Team USA head coach Keith Allain (who’s also Yale University’s head coach) had some tough decisions to make for what should be an overly talented U.S. squad.
Chicago Blackhawks Jeremy Morin and Nick Leddy highlight the United States team as do a handful of returners from last year’s gold medal-winning squad. Kyle Palmieri of the Ducks, Leafs prospect Jerry D’Amigo (pictured), Stars prospect goalie Jack Campbell, and Rangers prospects Ryan Bourque and Chris Kreider all serve to help the United States try to repeat as the top junior squad in the world.
Guys like Wild prospect Jason Zucker, Ducks prospect Emerson Etem, and Sharks prospect Charlie Coyle figure to be guys that will make their presence felt during the two week long event. University of Michigan and Coyotes prospect Chris Brown will have a sniper-like shot for opponents to be aware of at all times. As for the rest of the team, the full roster can be viewed here.
As always, Team Canada figures to be the biggest challenge but with Canada and the United States being in different groups in the first round, there’s the possibility that the two countries might not face each other until the finals. That might be a little bit of fun.
- Burrows suspended three games for ‘late hit to the head’ on Emelin 0
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 4
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 7
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 12
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 33
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 36
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 24
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)