Dec 22, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
They may be fellow countrymen but when they’re opponents on the ice, all’s fair in love and war. Such is the case for Anaheim’s Bobby Ryan who found out what it’s like to be facing Buffalo goalie Ryan Miller last night in Buffalo.
Ryan was perched near the far post as the Ducks were threatening and as his teammate Ryan Getzlaf (jeez, can we get a few more Ryans involved?) fired a quick no-look one-timer pass between his own legs across the goal mouth to the eager and waiting Bobby Ryan. Ryan’s attempt was handled by Miller who went post to post to make the stop, a true beauty all around.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 8
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 21
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40