Dec 22, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
They may be fellow countrymen but when they’re opponents on the ice, all’s fair in love and war. Such is the case for Anaheim’s Bobby Ryan who found out what it’s like to be facing Buffalo goalie Ryan Miller last night in Buffalo.
Ryan was perched near the far post as the Ducks were threatening and as his teammate Ryan Getzlaf (jeez, can we get a few more Ryans involved?) fired a quick no-look one-timer pass between his own legs across the goal mouth to the eager and waiting Bobby Ryan. Ryan’s attempt was handled by Miller who went post to post to make the stop, a true beauty all around.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2