Dec 22, 2010, 10:09 AM EDT
When you finally break through and score your first NHL goal it’s a thrilling occasion that can lead to an over-exuberance of emotions. Sometimes you’re so happy you could kiss your teammates.
Such is the case for Capitals forward Andrew Gordon last night against the Devils. Gordon’s nifty quick put home on Devils goalie Martin Brodeur thanks to a lightning fast pass from Marcus Johansson in the first period was such a good pass that Gordon couldn’t help but plant one right on Johansson’s head once they returned to the bench.
It’s a moment that’s so cute you almost wish you had a basket filled with kittens to share it with.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 43
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 8
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)