Dec 22, 2010, 10:09 AM EST
When you finally break through and score your first NHL goal it’s a thrilling occasion that can lead to an over-exuberance of emotions. Sometimes you’re so happy you could kiss your teammates.
Such is the case for Capitals forward Andrew Gordon last night against the Devils. Gordon’s nifty quick put home on Devils goalie Martin Brodeur thanks to a lightning fast pass from Marcus Johansson in the first period was such a good pass that Gordon couldn’t help but plant one right on Johansson’s head once they returned to the bench.
It’s a moment that’s so cute you almost wish you had a basket filled with kittens to share it with.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 41
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 117
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (120)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)