Dec 22, 2010, 10:09 AM EDT
When you finally break through and score your first NHL goal it’s a thrilling occasion that can lead to an over-exuberance of emotions. Sometimes you’re so happy you could kiss your teammates.
Such is the case for Capitals forward Andrew Gordon last night against the Devils. Gordon’s nifty quick put home on Devils goalie Martin Brodeur thanks to a lightning fast pass from Marcus Johansson in the first period was such a good pass that Gordon couldn’t help but plant one right on Johansson’s head once they returned to the bench.
It’s a moment that’s so cute you almost wish you had a basket filled with kittens to share it with.
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 11
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 12
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 66
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 89
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 12
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (136)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)