Dec 21, 2010, 12:45 AM EST
Earlier today, we shared news that Mike Smith went down with a knee injury, but there weren’t many details beyond the fact that it was his left knee.
The Gettysburg Times shared the latest update on Smith’s situation: the team said that his knee injury is a “minor” one and they expect him to miss about two weeks. While Smith’s numbers for the season are below average at best (his 10-5-0 record is great, but strong goal support must have made it so because his save percentage is 88 and goals against average is 3.20), he was showing signs of improvement.
In the last two games, he went 2-0 and only allowed two goals on 51 shots.
Barring an Evgeni Nabokov signing, the Lightning will roll with Dan Ellis (who won tonight) and Cedrick Desjardins. That probably means that we’ll see a lot of Ellis over the next two weeks.
(Odd aside: Cam Ward also missed the game for Carolina with a “mild infection on his forehead.” Yuck.)
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 16
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 62
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 41
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (124)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)