Dec 21, 2010, 12:45 AM EST
Earlier today, we shared news that Mike Smith went down with a knee injury, but there weren’t many details beyond the fact that it was his left knee.
The Gettysburg Times shared the latest update on Smith’s situation: the team said that his knee injury is a “minor” one and they expect him to miss about two weeks. While Smith’s numbers for the season are below average at best (his 10-5-0 record is great, but strong goal support must have made it so because his save percentage is 88 and goals against average is 3.20), he was showing signs of improvement.
In the last two games, he went 2-0 and only allowed two goals on 51 shots.
Barring an Evgeni Nabokov signing, the Lightning will roll with Dan Ellis (who won tonight) and Cedrick Desjardins. That probably means that we’ll see a lot of Ellis over the next two weeks.
(Odd aside: Cam Ward also missed the game for Carolina with a “mild infection on his forehead.” Yuck.)
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 46
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 32
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 6
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 32
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 102
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 132
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (132)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (111)