Dec 21, 2010, 5:40 PM EDT
Apparently contrary to “last week’s break-up news” (we’re not exactly ahead of the hockey player couples gossip here, I guess), the word is that Buffalo Sabres goalie/U.S. Olympic standout Ryan Miller confirmed his engagement with actress Naureen DeWulf.
DeWulf is wise to “lock” Miller up. While he’s struggling a bit to match his Vezina Trophy campaign this season, it’s obvious that Miller is one of the elite goalies in the league. Likely the best part for DeWulf is that he’s getting paid like a franchise goalie, with a $6.25 million annual salary that will run through the 2013-14 season.
I’m not an expert on DeWulf, but judging from her credits, I would say that she parallels Elisha Cuthbert more than Carrie Underwood on the hockey WAG scale. She’s clearly gorgeous, but when you’re best known for appearing in awful romantic comedies like “The Back-up Plan” and “Ghosts of Girlfriends Past” it’s hard to imagine that she’ll be the couple’s bread winner.
Then again, apparently she’s on the Maxim hot 100, so I don’t think Miller will regret this decision that much.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2