Dec 21, 2010, 5:40 PM EDT
Apparently contrary to “last week’s break-up news” (we’re not exactly ahead of the hockey player couples gossip here, I guess), the word is that Buffalo Sabres goalie/U.S. Olympic standout Ryan Miller confirmed his engagement with actress Naureen DeWulf.
DeWulf is wise to “lock” Miller up. While he’s struggling a bit to match his Vezina Trophy campaign this season, it’s obvious that Miller is one of the elite goalies in the league. Likely the best part for DeWulf is that he’s getting paid like a franchise goalie, with a $6.25 million annual salary that will run through the 2013-14 season.
I’m not an expert on DeWulf, but judging from her credits, I would say that she parallels Elisha Cuthbert more than Carrie Underwood on the hockey WAG scale. She’s clearly gorgeous, but when you’re best known for appearing in awful romantic comedies like “The Back-up Plan” and “Ghosts of Girlfriends Past” it’s hard to imagine that she’ll be the couple’s bread winner.
Then again, apparently she’s on the Maxim hot 100, so I don’t think Miller will regret this decision that much.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 0
- In praise of John Tavares 9
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 20
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 17
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36