Dec 21, 2010, 5:40 PM EDT
Apparently contrary to “last week’s break-up news” (we’re not exactly ahead of the hockey player couples gossip here, I guess), the word is that Buffalo Sabres goalie/U.S. Olympic standout Ryan Miller confirmed his engagement with actress Naureen DeWulf.
DeWulf is wise to “lock” Miller up. While he’s struggling a bit to match his Vezina Trophy campaign this season, it’s obvious that Miller is one of the elite goalies in the league. Likely the best part for DeWulf is that he’s getting paid like a franchise goalie, with a $6.25 million annual salary that will run through the 2013-14 season.
I’m not an expert on DeWulf, but judging from her credits, I would say that she parallels Elisha Cuthbert more than Carrie Underwood on the hockey WAG scale. She’s clearly gorgeous, but when you’re best known for appearing in awful romantic comedies like “The Back-up Plan” and “Ghosts of Girlfriends Past” it’s hard to imagine that she’ll be the couple’s bread winner.
Then again, apparently she’s on the Maxim hot 100, so I don’t think Miller will regret this decision that much.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)