Dec 21, 2010, 3:11 PM EDT
It’s a big day for us here at ProHockeyTalk as we welcome NBC analyst Mike Milbury as a contributor to PHT.
You already know Mike from his work on the NBC Game of the Week as a studio analyst and opinion agitator and now he’ll be bringing his knowledge and his opinions here online for PHT as well as NBC Sports. Much like how NBC’s Cris Collinsworth helps out with NBCSports.com, Mike Milbury will be doing a lot of the same things for us. Mike, in his own special way, shared the sentiment.
“Apparently, NBC Sports can’t get enough of my obnoxious commentary so they are allowing me to contribute to their Web site,” said Milbury. “Seriously, I’m grateful for this opportunity, which will expand the NHL’s presence on NBCSports.com. Just don’t expect any Tweeting.”
I know, I know… You’re sad about the Twitter thing, but it’s OK because whatever Mike Milbury wants and needs to say cannot be simply contained in 140 characters and now you’ll be able to read it and see it here in video form at PHT.
We know you’re familiar with Mike’s work on NBC as well as his work on NESN and on CBC’s Hot Stove and we also know that a lot of you often disagree with what he’s got to say. Oh yeah, we’ve read around a little bit.
One thing’s for sure though, we know Mike Milbury will keep you talking about the hot topics in the NHL. Welcome aboard, Mike.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 16
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 10
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 42
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 54
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (55)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (44)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)