Dec 21, 2010, 3:11 PM EDT
It’s a big day for us here at ProHockeyTalk as we welcome NBC analyst Mike Milbury as a contributor to PHT.
You already know Mike from his work on the NBC Game of the Week as a studio analyst and opinion agitator and now he’ll be bringing his knowledge and his opinions here online for PHT as well as NBC Sports. Much like how NBC’s Cris Collinsworth helps out with NBCSports.com, Mike Milbury will be doing a lot of the same things for us. Mike, in his own special way, shared the sentiment.
“Apparently, NBC Sports can’t get enough of my obnoxious commentary so they are allowing me to contribute to their Web site,” said Milbury. “Seriously, I’m grateful for this opportunity, which will expand the NHL’s presence on NBCSports.com. Just don’t expect any Tweeting.”
I know, I know… You’re sad about the Twitter thing, but it’s OK because whatever Mike Milbury wants and needs to say cannot be simply contained in 140 characters and now you’ll be able to read it and see it here in video form at PHT.
We know you’re familiar with Mike’s work on NBC as well as his work on NESN and on CBC’s Hot Stove and we also know that a lot of you often disagree with what he’s got to say. Oh yeah, we’ve read around a little bit.
One thing’s for sure though, we know Mike Milbury will keep you talking about the hot topics in the NHL. Welcome aboard, Mike.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)