Dec 21, 2010, 3:11 PM EST
It’s a big day for us here at ProHockeyTalk as we welcome NBC analyst Mike Milbury as a contributor to PHT.
You already know Mike from his work on the NBC Game of the Week as a studio analyst and opinion agitator and now he’ll be bringing his knowledge and his opinions here online for PHT as well as NBC Sports. Much like how NBC’s Cris Collinsworth helps out with NBCSports.com, Mike Milbury will be doing a lot of the same things for us. Mike, in his own special way, shared the sentiment.
“Apparently, NBC Sports can’t get enough of my obnoxious commentary so they are allowing me to contribute to their Web site,” said Milbury. “Seriously, I’m grateful for this opportunity, which will expand the NHL’s presence on NBCSports.com. Just don’t expect any Tweeting.”
I know, I know… You’re sad about the Twitter thing, but it’s OK because whatever Mike Milbury wants and needs to say cannot be simply contained in 140 characters and now you’ll be able to read it and see it here in video form at PHT.
We know you’re familiar with Mike’s work on NBC as well as his work on NESN and on CBC’s Hot Stove and we also know that a lot of you often disagree with what he’s got to say. Oh yeah, we’ve read around a little bit.
One thing’s for sure though, we know Mike Milbury will keep you talking about the hot topics in the NHL. Welcome aboard, Mike.
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 26
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 39
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 51
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 13
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Can battered, slumping Stars rise above Blackhawks? 8
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (51)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (39)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)
- ‘Don’t ruin a good thing,’ says Don Cherry after historic Rogers-NHL deal (32)