Dec 21, 2010, 3:11 PM EDT
It’s a big day for us here at ProHockeyTalk as we welcome NBC analyst Mike Milbury as a contributor to PHT.
You already know Mike from his work on the NBC Game of the Week as a studio analyst and opinion agitator and now he’ll be bringing his knowledge and his opinions here online for PHT as well as NBC Sports. Much like how NBC’s Cris Collinsworth helps out with NBCSports.com, Mike Milbury will be doing a lot of the same things for us. Mike, in his own special way, shared the sentiment.
“Apparently, NBC Sports can’t get enough of my obnoxious commentary so they are allowing me to contribute to their Web site,” said Milbury. “Seriously, I’m grateful for this opportunity, which will expand the NHL’s presence on NBCSports.com. Just don’t expect any Tweeting.”
I know, I know… You’re sad about the Twitter thing, but it’s OK because whatever Mike Milbury wants and needs to say cannot be simply contained in 140 characters and now you’ll be able to read it and see it here in video form at PHT.
We know you’re familiar with Mike’s work on NBC as well as his work on NESN and on CBC’s Hot Stove and we also know that a lot of you often disagree with what he’s got to say. Oh yeah, we’ve read around a little bit.
One thing’s for sure though, we know Mike Milbury will keep you talking about the hot topics in the NHL. Welcome aboard, Mike.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)