Dec 21, 2010, 7:40 PM EDT
In his four-game NHL career, Edmonton Oilers prospect Linus Omark has one goal and three assists for four points.
Yet illogically enough, the flashy forward has more goal of the week victories than he has regulation goals. That’s because his first victory came on a dazzling shootout display that left many panties in a bunch (um, metaphorically?). Chances are, that tally will live on in “best [insert number] shootout goals” highlight packages for years.
Omark’s first “real” goal didn’t make a huge chunk of the hockey world angry like his shootout achievement did, but it was almost as fancy. He essentially created one of the most impressive self-passes to foil the Columbus Blue Jackets defense and goalie Steve Mason and please the goal-loving masses.
Check out the poll results below, as Omark narrowly bested Colorado Avalanche youngster Matt Duchene.
Check out video of his award winning goal at the bottom of this post.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 4
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 13
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (64)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)