Dec 21, 2010, 7:40 PM EDT
In his four-game NHL career, Edmonton Oilers prospect Linus Omark has one goal and three assists for four points.
Yet illogically enough, the flashy forward has more goal of the week victories than he has regulation goals. That’s because his first victory came on a dazzling shootout display that left many panties in a bunch (um, metaphorically?). Chances are, that tally will live on in “best [insert number] shootout goals” highlight packages for years.
Omark’s first “real” goal didn’t make a huge chunk of the hockey world angry like his shootout achievement did, but it was almost as fancy. He essentially created one of the most impressive self-passes to foil the Columbus Blue Jackets defense and goalie Steve Mason and please the goal-loving masses.
Check out the poll results below, as Omark narrowly bested Colorado Avalanche youngster Matt Duchene.
Check out video of his award winning goal at the bottom of this post.
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Philadelphia Flyers at New York Rangers (Game 1) 0
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 24
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 36
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 63