Dec 21, 2010, 7:40 PM EST
In his four-game NHL career, Edmonton Oilers prospect Linus Omark has one goal and three assists for four points.
Yet illogically enough, the flashy forward has more goal of the week victories than he has regulation goals. That’s because his first victory came on a dazzling shootout display that left many panties in a bunch (um, metaphorically?). Chances are, that tally will live on in “best [insert number] shootout goals” highlight packages for years.
Omark’s first “real” goal didn’t make a huge chunk of the hockey world angry like his shootout achievement did, but it was almost as fancy. He essentially created one of the most impressive self-passes to foil the Columbus Blue Jackets defense and goalie Steve Mason and please the goal-loving masses.
Check out the poll results below, as Omark narrowly bested Colorado Avalanche youngster Matt Duchene.
Check out video of his award winning goal at the bottom of this post.
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 0
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 19
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 27
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 9
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 35
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)