Dec 21, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
The St. Louis Blues didn’t provide many moments for their collective highlight reels, only firing 16 shots on Vancouver Canucks goalie Roberto Luongo. (The ‘Nucks defense has been pretty hot lately, as they allowed 15 shots or less in two of their last four games.)
Yet the one goal the Blues managed to score in that game happened to be the prettiest tally of the night. (Funny how that happens, right?)
Alexander Steen is far from a household name, but he’s one of those under-the-radar forwards who brings an efficient, intelligent game to the ice most nights. He’s putting together a solid season so far, with 10 goals and 11 assists for 21 points in 32 games while earning more than 19 minutes of ice time per game (a career high).
Steen made some beautiful moves around the Canucks defense before he fired a nice backhand shot past Luongo, the only blemish for Roberto’s night.
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 28
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 30
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 25