Dec 21, 2010, 9:50 PM EDT
Close races are great and all, but sometimes it’s oddly pleasant to see voting come down to an obvious consensus.
While Linus Omark beat Matt Duchene by a small margin to win the December 13-19th goal of the week, Cam Ward dominated the other five candidates to win last week’s best save award.
In fact, the Carolina Hurricanes goalie actually earned more votes than Jonas Hiller, Martin Brodeur’s two saves, Tim Thomas, Jonathan Quick and Chris Osgood combined. Either Ward’s stop was phenomenal, Canes fans received word of the voting or perhaps it’s a combination of both?
Whatever the case may be, Ward won the voting handily, as you can see from the poll results.
Was Ward really that great? Watch the video below and decide for yourself.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 29
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 15
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)