Dec 21, 2010, 9:50 PM EDT
Close races are great and all, but sometimes it’s oddly pleasant to see voting come down to an obvious consensus.
While Linus Omark beat Matt Duchene by a small margin to win the December 13-19th goal of the week, Cam Ward dominated the other five candidates to win last week’s best save award.
In fact, the Carolina Hurricanes goalie actually earned more votes than Jonas Hiller, Martin Brodeur’s two saves, Tim Thomas, Jonathan Quick and Chris Osgood combined. Either Ward’s stop was phenomenal, Canes fans received word of the voting or perhaps it’s a combination of both?
Whatever the case may be, Ward won the voting handily, as you can see from the poll results.
Was Ward really that great? Watch the video below and decide for yourself.
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 0
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 1
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 8
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 17
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 22
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)