Dec 21, 2010, 9:50 PM EST
Close races are great and all, but sometimes it’s oddly pleasant to see voting come down to an obvious consensus.
While Linus Omark beat Matt Duchene by a small margin to win the December 13-19th goal of the week, Cam Ward dominated the other five candidates to win last week’s best save award.
In fact, the Carolina Hurricanes goalie actually earned more votes than Jonas Hiller, Martin Brodeur’s two saves, Tim Thomas, Jonathan Quick and Chris Osgood combined. Either Ward’s stop was phenomenal, Canes fans received word of the voting or perhaps it’s a combination of both?
Whatever the case may be, Ward won the voting handily, as you can see from the poll results.
Was Ward really that great? Watch the video below and decide for yourself.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny 0
- In praise of the Hamburglar 13
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 6
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 17
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52