Dec 21, 2010, 9:50 PM EDT
Close races are great and all, but sometimes it’s oddly pleasant to see voting come down to an obvious consensus.
While Linus Omark beat Matt Duchene by a small margin to win the December 13-19th goal of the week, Cam Ward dominated the other five candidates to win last week’s best save award.
In fact, the Carolina Hurricanes goalie actually earned more votes than Jonas Hiller, Martin Brodeur’s two saves, Tim Thomas, Jonathan Quick and Chris Osgood combined. Either Ward’s stop was phenomenal, Canes fans received word of the voting or perhaps it’s a combination of both?
Whatever the case may be, Ward won the voting handily, as you can see from the poll results.
Was Ward really that great? Watch the video below and decide for yourself.
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 16
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 23
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 23
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 11
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 80
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 25
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 58
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 89
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (89)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT