Dec 21, 2010, 9:50 PM EDT
Close races are great and all, but sometimes it’s oddly pleasant to see voting come down to an obvious consensus.
While Linus Omark beat Matt Duchene by a small margin to win the December 13-19th goal of the week, Cam Ward dominated the other five candidates to win last week’s best save award.
In fact, the Carolina Hurricanes goalie actually earned more votes than Jonas Hiller, Martin Brodeur’s two saves, Tim Thomas, Jonathan Quick and Chris Osgood combined. Either Ward’s stop was phenomenal, Canes fans received word of the voting or perhaps it’s a combination of both?
Whatever the case may be, Ward won the voting handily, as you can see from the poll results.
Was Ward really that great? Watch the video below and decide for yourself.
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 5
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 28
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)