Dec 21, 2010, 6:00 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals are really struggling to score goals this season – at least relatively speaking – but there’s good news and bad news tonight.
The bad news is that the team might be without their second best sniper, Alexander Semin. Bruce Boudreau said that Semin is a “game-time decision” for tonight’s game, saying that Semin will probably come up to the robust coach and let him know if he can go or not. Katie Carrera reports that Semin missed the last three games with an undisclosed lower body injury.
Carrera also reports that Matt Hendricks is doubtful for the game while Michal Neuvirth indeed is the most likely goalie to get the start.
With the bad news aside, there’s the good news: the Capitals are playing against the woeful New Jersey Devils, so they might not have that much trouble winning anyway. Playing the Senators and Devils isn’t a bad way to start a new winning streak, after all.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 16
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)