Dec 21, 2010, 6:00 PM EST
The Washington Capitals are really struggling to score goals this season – at least relatively speaking – but there’s good news and bad news tonight.
The bad news is that the team might be without their second best sniper, Alexander Semin. Bruce Boudreau said that Semin is a “game-time decision” for tonight’s game, saying that Semin will probably come up to the robust coach and let him know if he can go or not. Katie Carrera reports that Semin missed the last three games with an undisclosed lower body injury.
Carrera also reports that Matt Hendricks is doubtful for the game while Michal Neuvirth indeed is the most likely goalie to get the start.
With the bad news aside, there’s the good news: the Capitals are playing against the woeful New Jersey Devils, so they might not have that much trouble winning anyway. Playing the Senators and Devils isn’t a bad way to start a new winning streak, after all.
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 12
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 7
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 17
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)