Dec 21, 2010, 6:00 PM EST
The Washington Capitals are really struggling to score goals this season – at least relatively speaking – but there’s good news and bad news tonight.
The bad news is that the team might be without their second best sniper, Alexander Semin. Bruce Boudreau said that Semin is a “game-time decision” for tonight’s game, saying that Semin will probably come up to the robust coach and let him know if he can go or not. Katie Carrera reports that Semin missed the last three games with an undisclosed lower body injury.
Carrera also reports that Matt Hendricks is doubtful for the game while Michal Neuvirth indeed is the most likely goalie to get the start.
With the bad news aside, there’s the good news: the Capitals are playing against the woeful New Jersey Devils, so they might not have that much trouble winning anyway. Playing the Senators and Devils isn’t a bad way to start a new winning streak, after all.
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 77
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 6
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 58
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 53
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (78)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (58)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)