Dec 20, 2010, 2:45 PM EDT
It hasn’t exactly been a banner year for Mr. Hillary Duff, Mike Comrie.
He seemed to make a clever long-term move by accepting a bargain basement one-year, $500K deal with the Pittsburgh Penguins. After all, possibly skating with Sidney Crosby and/or Evgeni Malkin can be a great way to display one’s skill. Yet instead of flourishing as a complimentary piece to some great players, Comrie only managed five assists in 16 games with the Pens so far.
Combine his on the ice struggles with off the ice financial concerns and this has been a year (or so) to forget for the man known best for his tabloid-feeding relationship.
It appears that a bad season might get even worse for the 30-year-old center. Shelly Anderson of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that he might need surgery on his hip because his rehab process hasn’t gone well. He originally injured his hip on October 9th but re-injured it along the way and hasn’t played since November 24th.
Anderson writes that Comrie will see a doctor next Monday to determine if surgery is necessary. We’ll keep you updated.
(H/T to The Confluence.)
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 23
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 46
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 20
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 85
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 47
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (87)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)