Dec 20, 2010, 2:45 PM EDT
It hasn’t exactly been a banner year for Mr. Hillary Duff, Mike Comrie.
He seemed to make a clever long-term move by accepting a bargain basement one-year, $500K deal with the Pittsburgh Penguins. After all, possibly skating with Sidney Crosby and/or Evgeni Malkin can be a great way to display one’s skill. Yet instead of flourishing as a complimentary piece to some great players, Comrie only managed five assists in 16 games with the Pens so far.
Combine his on the ice struggles with off the ice financial concerns and this has been a year (or so) to forget for the man known best for his tabloid-feeding relationship.
It appears that a bad season might get even worse for the 30-year-old center. Shelly Anderson of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that he might need surgery on his hip because his rehab process hasn’t gone well. He originally injured his hip on October 9th but re-injured it along the way and hasn’t played since November 24th.
Anderson writes that Comrie will see a doctor next Monday to determine if surgery is necessary. We’ll keep you updated.
(H/T to The Confluence.)
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54