Dec 20, 2010, 2:45 PM EDT
It hasn’t exactly been a banner year for Mr. Hillary Duff, Mike Comrie.
He seemed to make a clever long-term move by accepting a bargain basement one-year, $500K deal with the Pittsburgh Penguins. After all, possibly skating with Sidney Crosby and/or Evgeni Malkin can be a great way to display one’s skill. Yet instead of flourishing as a complimentary piece to some great players, Comrie only managed five assists in 16 games with the Pens so far.
Combine his on the ice struggles with off the ice financial concerns and this has been a year (or so) to forget for the man known best for his tabloid-feeding relationship.
It appears that a bad season might get even worse for the 30-year-old center. Shelly Anderson of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that he might need surgery on his hip because his rehab process hasn’t gone well. He originally injured his hip on October 9th but re-injured it along the way and hasn’t played since November 24th.
Anderson writes that Comrie will see a doctor next Monday to determine if surgery is necessary. We’ll keep you updated.
(H/T to The Confluence.)
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 8
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 27
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 17
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 33
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 57
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)