Dec 20, 2010, 2:45 PM EST
It hasn’t exactly been a banner year for Mr. Hillary Duff, Mike Comrie.
He seemed to make a clever long-term move by accepting a bargain basement one-year, $500K deal with the Pittsburgh Penguins. After all, possibly skating with Sidney Crosby and/or Evgeni Malkin can be a great way to display one’s skill. Yet instead of flourishing as a complimentary piece to some great players, Comrie only managed five assists in 16 games with the Pens so far.
Combine his on the ice struggles with off the ice financial concerns and this has been a year (or so) to forget for the man known best for his tabloid-feeding relationship.
It appears that a bad season might get even worse for the 30-year-old center. Shelly Anderson of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that he might need surgery on his hip because his rehab process hasn’t gone well. He originally injured his hip on October 9th but re-injured it along the way and hasn’t played since November 24th.
Anderson writes that Comrie will see a doctor next Monday to determine if surgery is necessary. We’ll keep you updated.
(H/T to The Confluence.)
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 5
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 6
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8